Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: MGF convert 12 years 11 months ago #24146

Guys, many thanks on this sounds like a real easy mod once i get the car back from suspension lowering (It goes in for a a set of lowering Pins and a pump up later this week). Meanwhile i am chopping and filing tin as part of a cold air enclosure, I will post if it works out well.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MGF convert 12 years 11 months ago #24149

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Hi and welcome Peter Paul :thumbsup:

I notice you mention a hard top, do you really need one, You'll be suprised how many time is the winter you'll appriciate being able to get the top down.

James

Hi James, sorry for the delay I somehow missed your reply, probably distracted by the fine T-Bar mug :)

As you say there are quite a few occasions in winter when it would have been nice to get the top down. However I did not fit the hard top until very late in the year and having just cleaned and treated my soft top did like the idea of all that snow and grit/salt getting on it. And the hard top came off again late Feb.

When I came to fit the hard top I could not see the point of losing the back shelf and carrying all that extra weight around for months :dry: so I just removed the soft top completely and put it in the conservatory :whistle: (SWMBO is very understanding :kiss: )

I did however take the hard top off a couple of sunny days during winter and popped it in the garage, driving around completely topless :woohoo:
It felt very liberating and the MGF sure does look good with no top at all :thumbsup:

Re: MGF convert 12 years 9 months ago #25806

Guys, thanks for the help.

Fitted the splitter now and impressed with the look :-) i cannot comment on the stability because i haven't had the chance to go for a run yet. interestingly i had the same issues a PQD44 and although pushed the splitter back as far as it would go still had to resort to a 1/2" tap washer to get it parallel to the road.

Gradually working my way down a list of things to do with the F. Maybe if i can complete the bodywork in time i may be able to attend the Lakes and Mountains V3 in September without hanging the head in shame.

Re: MGF convert 12 years 9 months ago #25809

• PQD44's Avatar Topic Author
  • PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Glad to hear you got your splitter sorted and as for....

Gradually working my way down a list of things to do with the F. Maybe if i can complete the bodywork in time i may be able to attend the Lakes and Mountains V3 in September without hanging the head in shame.

Hanging head in shame :ohmy: :nonod: that would not happen, this is not an elitist group of car snobs, just a bunch of extraordinary people who like to drive around nice roads enjoying the scenery, having some friendly banter, who all share a love for these cars.

Speaking for myself, I was slightly apprehensive that others would be judging my car, which is a daily run around, so bears the scars of stone chips, bits of rust and supermarket trolley dinks :angry: but I reckon we've all been at the stage of going through the list of things to do and I reckon it would be a great chance for you to see what others have done and judge 'in the flesh' the modifications you're thinking of doing.

So no excuses, see in the lakes early September if not sooner :broon:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: MGF convert 12 years 9 months ago #25814

Agree entirely with your comments, it is the love of MGs that is paramount. :thumbsup: :yesnod:

Re: MGF convert 12 years 9 months ago #25832

Thanks Guys, i will try to be there regardless of the Bodywork.

The F looks great once waxed and with morning dew on it but once it dries you see the scars of shopping trolleys, dings and general previous owners abuse. I will get it sorted eventually, but until then its saddening to see... but she has to wait.

Back out there again this weekend onto the braided brake lines for the front, hopefully not the fluid wash that i had on the back last week.

N

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT