Sign In   Register

Topic

Passenger door lock jammed - Solved. 10 years 7 months ago #125825

Brilliant thread thanks felas. I've got my passenger side door lock playing up as well (not locking when the key fob is pushed). When I get the car down here from home I'll try some of these suggestions and see if they result in a working locking mechanism. Of note, is the fact that the passenger door lock (left hand side in Oz) is blanked off. The previous owner mumbled something about the lock when I picked the car up and commented on the left side not locking. My car is a 04 160 Coupe, so my question is, does the passenger side lock accept a key or is it blanked off?
Thanks for any info and best wishes all.

Ken

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Baytown.

Passenger door lock jammed - Solved. 10 years 7 months ago #125852

On all cars with remote central locking the passenger side lock is blanked off. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Passenger door lock jammed - Solved. 10 years 7 months ago #125856

On all cars with remote central locking the passenger side lock is blanked off. :yesnod:

My old 03 TF Sunstorm had a passenger door key lock (as image) but not on my 05 Stepspeed both are remote central locking (Pektron)

Attachments:

Passenger door lock jammed - Solved. 10 years 7 months ago #125857

Never say never with an MG, ;)

Maybe I should have said the intent was to save the cost of the lock barrel by fitting blank passenger locks on remote central locking cars, but whatever was in the parts bin at the time may have been fitted.:shrug: :bust:
David

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 3 years 6 months ago #194111

I assume the same process could be applied to the Drivers door?

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 3 years 6 months ago #194120

:yesnod:
David

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT