Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 month ago #43431

Had exactly the same thing on an MGF which Russell sorted, it just kept locking and unlocking at will, it was dampness in the drivers door lock, sorted with a clean and an good dose of WD40 he worked his magic to get the door open, caught it at the exact moment it locked and unlocked. :bang:

I think the problem I have is that the lock has failed 'super locked' rather than 'standard locked', so it is essentially security jammed! :(
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 month ago #43443

well the only thing left is to destroy the lock insed the door so you can adjust the levers

good luck
mad about cars and bikes :)
if it aint broke dont fix it :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 month ago #43446

well the only thing left is to destroy the lock insed the door so you can adjust the levers

good luck

I'll report back if I manage it!

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 month ago #43454

My passenger door lock on my F failed when locked but nothing was happening when unlocking, I had no option but to remove the door card and destroy the lock.

If you are careful you can remove the door card with very minimal damage - the card will split around the mounting screws on the door edge but when refitting, washers around the self tappers will hold it well, similarly with the self tapper thats hidden by the dash with the door locked, the card will pull off, leaving the self tapper in place, just refit with a washer.

A big screw driver or chisel and a hammer will destroy the lock in no time and allow the door to be opened.

Good luck :broon:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 month ago #43456

ADAM_BEFORE YOU WRECK ANYTHING!!,

Take a look at these links.
You can get a set of Jimmy keys or Auto Jigglers, which may help.
Watching the YouTube clips it is actually very worrying how easy it is to get these keys and get in to cars.

However, the clips do not say if the car is deadlocked or just locked on the key.

UK supplier of Auto Jiggler keys
http://www.devonlocks.co.uk/shoppingcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=42

Youtube links showing them in use.

Good Luck with it

**Bye the way , I have no connection to Devon locks, they were the first UK company in a google search for Auto Jigglers

Gary.
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Turned to the Darkside, K&N Apollo and extra bling fitted.52mm TB

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 month ago #43459

ADAM_BEFORE YOU WRECK ANYTHING!!,

Take a look at these links.
You can get a set of Jimmy keys or Auto Jigglers, which may help.
Watching the YouTube clips it is actually very worrying how easy it is to get these keys and get in to cars.

However, the clips do not say if the car is deadlocked or just locked on the key.

UK supplier of Auto Jiggler keys
http://www.devonlocks.co.uk/shoppingcart/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=42

Youtube links showing them in use.

Good Luck with it

**Bye the way , I have no connection to Devon locks, they were the first UK company in a google search for Auto Jigglers

Gary.

If only the passenger door had a key hole!
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 month ago #43461

My passenger door lock on my F failed when locked but nothing was happening when unlocking, I had no option but to remove the door card and destroy the lock.

If you are careful you can remove the door card with very minimal damage - the card will split around the mounting screws on the door edge but when refitting, washers around the self tappers will hold it well, similarly with the self tapper thats hidden by the dash with the door locked, the card will pull off, leaving the self tapper in place, just refit with a washer.

A big screw driver or chisel and a hammer will destroy the lock in no time and allow the door to be opened.

Good luck :broon:

My only worry with the door card removal (ignoring damaging the door card and not being able to find a replacement in the walnut beige) is that I have fiberglass door pockets and they are quite brittle - too much bending might snap their fastenings! :dry:

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 month ago #43463

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Nice interior :broon:

I would just call the AA :-?

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 month ago #43466

Nice interior :broon:

I would just call the AA :-?

Thanks - the alloy strip is now walnut wood so looks even nicer!

I did think about calling the RAC however last time they 'helped' me get in the Range Rover (the AA not the RAC who I'm with now) they bent the door frame slightly doing it.... unfortunately you effectively sign a waiver saying they will help you but are not responsible for damage - so if it does get damaged your screwed!

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Re: Passenger lock jammed - yes you guessed it LOCKED! 12 years 1 month ago #43469

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Hmmm when Madam broke down I told the AA guy if there was one single mark on her I would sue, and quoted duty of care, I think it was my tone rather than the threat that got her there unmarked ;)

There must be some sort of car lock smith that you can call ?

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT