Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

VVC Electrical plugs - 5500 rev limit? 2 years 6 months ago #197220

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Vvc only revving to 5500 limit instead of 7200?

THIS IS WHY

The three electrical plugs get mixed up on the vvc mechs, AND it's down to good old MGR logic(?).

MEMS2J (200vi, BRM, MGF mk1) : From right to left, the correct connector colours sequence is Brown, Black, Blue.

MEMS3 (25GTi, ZR160, mk2 F/TF) From right to left, the correct connector colour sequence is now Black, Brown, Blue.

This simple change has resulted in numerous confused vvc owners
The other problem could be the vvc belt is misaligned or a cam sensor issue. A cam sensor problem will probably give you a limit of 6000
It's also vital that the correct type of oil is used. 10w 40 semi synthetic. Do not use thinner oil with a vvc.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roverlike, sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VVC Electrical plugs - 5500 rev limit? 1 month 3 weeks ago #205876

Thanks a bunch for sharing that nugget of wisdom about the VVC rev limit issue. It's funny how something as simple as mixed-up electrical plugs can throw a spanner in the works, right?

VVC Electrical plugs - 5500 rev limit? 1 month 3 weeks ago #205878

Reminds me of this time when I was working on my old bike and spent hours scratching my head over a similar wiring mix-up.You know, I was knee-deep in troubleshooting, convinced it was some complex mechanical problem, when it turned out to be a straightforward electrical snafu.
For anyone still wrestling with VVC problems, take note of those connector color sequences. And hey, if you're ever knee-deep in electrical mysteries like I was, don't hesitate to reach out to a pro. When I was in a jam, I called up a pole line contractor who really knew their stuff.
So here's to troubleshooting adventures and the joys of DIY. And remember, if you're ever in need of expert advice or assistance, check out  https://kanatautilitiesltd.ca/high-voltage-contractor-ottawa/  for more info.

Last edit: Post by GuadalupeTodd.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT