Sign In   Register

Topic

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #143990

Let me introduce myself. My names Phil and I'm the seller of the alternator adjusters. David has bought one from me and pointed me in this direction. I don't own a Rover, or even anything K Series based. I have a Sylva Striker with a crossflow in it, a 205 16v Tarmac car and a few motorbikes.
I made an alternator adjuster up for my crossflow engined Sylva when I couldn't get a stock one for sensible money. Then someone said, 'you should sell those'. Then someone asked me to make one for a K series. Since then I've sold at least 50 k series ones, as well as for Porsche, TVR, TR6, BDA engine, RS2000, Vauxhall XE, Cobra and lots more I can't even remember.
I welcome David's comments, it's the first time I've seen pictures of them fitted. If you have any suggestions I'm all ears. Just for information I will be away on holiday shortly and will withdraw them from Ebay but will relist in a week. In the interim if you want one urgently buy one and I'll drop it in the mail on Tuesday 27th before I go.
Many thanks for your interest and support, I like to think it's a two way street!
Regards,
Phil
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, talkingcars, PQD44, Leigh Ping, cairnsys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #144008

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Phil is also considering making up arb droplinks in a similar fashion.
I know Allan (Diesel Destroyer) has already made up rose joint droplinks for his creation, but being Allan his anti roll bar is non-standard! ;)
David
:shrug:

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #144014

Hi and welcome to the forum Phil - a nice idea.

Thanks David for bring it to our attention.

Having just replaced my alternator and broken the 12mm bolt in the old one so spent £6.11 with Rimmers to get a replacement I can appreciate how useful this will be. If I do invest I'll probably reduce the width of the bolt holes to reuse the O/E bolts.

David - was there a rubber O ring holding the spacer to the lower bolt?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #144015

If I do invest I'll probably reduce the width of the bolt holes to reuse the O/E bolts.

Ok, maybe I won't, just looked at the full size photo on ebay to see that they are rose jointed, is this essential for them to be adjustable?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 11 months ago #144017

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
There was a groove where the o ring should have been. :whistle:
You could reduce the size of the spacer to compensate for the increased width of the rose joint at the engine block fitting.
I don't think that the rose joints are strictly necessary to enable adjustment, it is the turnbuckle effect of the central part that adjusts.
David
:shrug:

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 10 months ago #144053

I have air con and the adjuster on that is even worse.. Stupid idea!!

:rant:
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 10 months ago #144054

Phil is also considering making up arb droplinks in a similar fashion.
I know Allan (Diesel Destroyer) has already made up rose joint droplinks for his creation, but being Allan his anti roll bar is non-standard! ;)

The front cast alloy drop links in particular are weak and can snap.. I opted for rose joints as my ARBs are 80% stiffer and will shear the standard ones in no time..

Keep up the good work Phil
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 10 months ago #144079

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Let me introduce myself. My names Phil and I'm the seller of the alternator adjusters.
Many thanks for your interest and support, I like to think it's a two way street!
Regards,
Phil

Phil, welcome to the T-Bar and best of luck with the business :welcome:

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 7 months ago #150660

Fitted a brand new alternator and belt on me Green MGF rebuild today thought i would give one of these adjustment brackets a go.
My friend popped one in he fabricated this afternoon,the one i fitted in picture.
It came with replacement alternator top and bottom bolts & nuts,the bottom bolt supplied with bracket was longer than the original bolt as required for the rosejoint alternator end,so no digging through the rusty bolt bin.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 7 months ago #150672

there's no finer flattery than someone replicating your ideas!

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 7 months ago #150678

I didnt replicate it i bought it,i am not a engineer,neither do i sell new parts.
It was supplied to me with a new alternator and belt for a particular mgf rebuild,where the majority of new parts have been supplied by the seller.
I am very particular who i buy aftermarket and OE parts from.
I will edit the post to remove the seller who provided it to me,there was no offence intended i have bought parts of this seller for years he his a friend of mine and he his mentioned in several of my repair posts.
I am not sure if it was copied, it was a touch disrespectful of myself to mention the seller who provided it in this post so i do apologise.
The seller and Mr Satur have been engineering parts for MGF MGTFS for a long time which often get copied (nature of any business) ,but i will credit yourself for bringing this originally to my attention good idea :broon:

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

Alternator adjuster bracket upgrade 9 years 7 months ago #150682

Sorry I wasn't insinuating you copied it
When you see Glenn you can ask him to leave me feedback for the one he bought off me earlier in the year if you like, about a month before he started selling them :-) Obviously the design is good enough to make him a profit

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT