Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Fitting a full harness 10 years 2 months ago #139452

I've split this off to a separate thread. :broon:

Ok you have persuaded me again :)

Like you say it's better to have the option without it being fully tested.

So new pipes, SS hoses, drilled & grooved fronts, std rears with green stuff pads all round and a lever bias valve... I think I might need to get a seatbelt harness :)

Fitting harnesses into an F/TF is near on impossible without a cage (to meet MSA regs anyway) and an insurance mine field

Another.. Easier option is these http://www.cg-lock.co.uk

E mail Graham there.. Currently on special.. I've just ordered a pair for £67 delivered
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Fitting a full harness 10 years 2 months ago #139468

Ok you have persuaded me again :)

Like you say it's better to have the option without it being fully tested.

So new pipes, SS hoses, drilled & grooved fronts, std rears with green stuff pads all round and a lever bias valve... I think I might need to get a seatbelt harness :)

Fitting harnesses into an F/TF is near on impossible without a cage (to meet MSA regs anyway) and an insurance mine field

Another.. Easier option is these http://www.cg-lock.co.uk

E mail Graham there.. Currently on special.. I've just ordered a pair for £67 delivered

I never got on that well with the cg-lock - but a full harness is something else. Not impossible to fit, although to do this properly you'd need a robust bar running between the upper seat belt mounts: the Mk1 X-Power roll hoop mounting bar is just about perfect for this :broon:

Fitting a full harness 10 years 2 months ago #139481

Rob all of the harnesses I've ever fitted needed to be X distance away from the back of the seat..

How would you mount harness via a bar between the two factory seat belts?

Just curious

Best option would be 3 point harnesses.. With the rear mount on the far side of the engine cover.. But there is not enough material to fix to there.. So the mount could go on the vertical section.. But this would need beefing up.. And accessing behind it would be difficult..

Pics please..
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Fitting a full harness 10 years 2 months ago #139483

The shoulder straps of the harness we had in an old and much modified Lotus sports racer, were bolted to a reinforced bulkhead close behind the driver's seat. There was one shoulder strap mounting point on each side of the seat back.

I don't have any pix of the setup, in fact I only have a few of the car, here's one.

It was powered by an MGA twincam. It wasn't one of our more, successful cars!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Fitting a full harness 10 years 2 months ago #139488

The cross brace of the Mike Satur hoops is certainly substantial enough, but whether that would be far enough behind the driver's head would depend on where the seat was positioned.:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Fitting a full harness 10 years 2 months ago #139490

The reason most harness shoulder straps need to have the mounting point a long way back is that they have a single mounting point, the individual shoulder straps join together and go back to a single point.
If the mounting pointa for the individual shoulder straps are at the right height for the driver it doesn't matter.
Open wheelers don't have the shoulder strap mounting point a long way back.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT