Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Suplex Suspension - How to fit 12 years 15 hours ago #48600

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Now I've had a chance to examine the removed hydragas units, and I've found that 3 out of 4 have liquid in the top chamber.

2 were full of liquid and one had just gone, judging by the small amount of fluid in it.:shrug:
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Suplex Suspension - How to fit 12 years 15 hours ago #48605

After a few hundred miles, the suspension has settled by 5mm all round , so is now 345mm front, 340 mm rear.
Apart from that the car has handled beautifully, as sporty as ever but much better at handling speed humps and potholes.

The overall ride is comparable with the hydragas but different...if that makes sense?
The best comparison I can come up with is that the ride is more like I'm running on 15" wheels with bigger sidewalls on the tyres, even though I'm actually on 16"s.

What does the team think on the subject of tyre pressures? I am tempted to nudge them up nearer TF levels; this may stiffen the ride a bit.:shrug:

Interestingly, the Suplex document makes no mention of altering tyre pressures. :-?

David, you could contact Suplex direct and ask what they think (they are running an F with their units on) or contact Roger Parker at MGOC he has got a set on his F and ask him too.

As the ride height affects the caster angle, i think it would be worth having the four wheel tracking checked after you are happy that the units have fully bedded in and adjusted to the correct dimensions.

It is good to hear about your results and that you are pleased with the system. :woohoo:

Warning Added! 11 years 9 months ago #58874

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
I thought it necessary to temper my initial findings with the knowledge gained after 3 months... :pinch:
I have, therefore, added a link to my unhappy experiences, posted elsewhere on this forum. :(
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Suplex Suspension - How to fit 10 years 10 months ago #122068

Just to add to this thread. I have also had an unhappy experience with the suplex kit that was fitted to the car when I bought it. What happened to my car is detailed here

My advice, if you're going to fit the kit, think carefully about it, and DO NOT fit the dampers supplied. Add in the cost of GAZ adjustables and set 10 clicks rear and 7 clicks front as a baseline. Hopefully that will give you a good handling car without suffering the damage that David and I have.

And if you hear a ticking sound when you go over bumps, investigate immediately.

Last edit: Post by cjmillsnun.

Suplex Suspension - How to fit 10 years 10 months ago #122074

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Thanks Chris, you have reminded me to add an explicit warning to the first post in this thread. I give my recommendation about this kit, after coping with it for over a year. Having to pay a lot of extra money to get a decent set of dampers after spending £750 on this rubbish to get it to work is the final icing on the cake for me.
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Suplex Suspension - How to fit 10 years 10 months ago #122151

I agree with your recommendation.

Suplex Suspension - How to fit 10 years 7 months ago #128741

• David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
Update

I am still being contacted by victims of Suplex from here and Europe. They are still shipping out shoddy crap and being suprised when front canisters clonk like fuck. They are still sending out replacements that seem to cure the problem, only for it to re-appear a couple of months down the line.
They are still forcing you to buy their poorly engineered Dampers that cause great stress on the damper top mounts.
I have recently received a message from one member in Greece to say his rear top damper mount has cracked, and Suplex are sending out some rear canisters for him to try on the front...

Does any of this sound familiar guys?
David

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT