Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8497

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That was another of my thoughts. But would that be a "entry point" for theives? having controll of your power source. If they knew it was there. What il do now, is shut up and assume youve thought of everything lol. Dont want your security details blah blah'd across an internet forum lol. Good luck with it pal itl look cooooool

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8499

That was another of my thoughts. But would that be a "entry point" for theives? having controll of your power source. If they knew it was there. What il do now, is shut up and assume youve thought of everything lol. Dont want your security details blah blah'd across an internet forum lol. Good luck with it pal itl look cooooool

lmao i DEFIANTLY don't know anything lol, i know what i want to do... how to do it is a whole other matter lol

the power point will be well hidden but what's the worse thieves can do? "charge my battery with malice" :hehe:

and the wire that opens the door incase the solenoid fails again will be very well hidden... but it wont do anything unless the doors are unlocked via the central locking so pulling the wire would be just like pulling a door handle on a locked door if you get me lol

the idea i came up with is a simple step process to solve the 3 potential problems:

Problem 1: Battery dies

So no Central locking or solenoids, cant use key to open boot as the barrel has been removed so...

have a jump plug which can be accessed outside the car... or maybe a way to open the bonnet thats hidden... then once bonnet is open charge battery... problem solved, battery now charged, Central Locking works as does solenoids

Problem 2: Solenoids fail

the chance of both drivers AND passengers failing is very small but just in case

have a wire that goes to the drivers door solenoid... if this wire is pulled the solenoid will operate, thus opening the door as if it were simply a door handle

once the drivers door is open the door card can be removed and the problem fixed

Problem 3: Boot solenoid fails

as happened to my mate in his ZR... but we cant drop out back seats to gain access soooo...

have a wire like the one for the drivers door that runs from the boot solenoid into the cabin hidden somewhere in the cabin (behind some trim or carpet)... pull this and the boot opens allowing the problem to be fixed :D simples

now the trick is doing all that! lmao

the only weak point i see could be if the central locking fails but i'm sure ill figure out how to sort that!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8501

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
"Whats the worst the theives could do? "charge my battery with malice"

Lol they could swap your currents for almonds :yesnod:

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8503

"Whats the worst the theives could do? "charge my battery with malice"

Lol they could swap your currents for almonds :yesnod:

:pmsl: time to go get another cuppa, the old ones on my screen lol
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT