Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8457

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Ive just been invited to the http://www.thefastshow.com/index.htm
Wondered if we could do anything like this as a group?
Does anyone every do anything like this?
I may go with the ZR crew just to see what its like.
Thought id post this here as its on topic, but im not advertising a meet lol... :dunno:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8466

i might well be up for this mate...

me and Harland are running a weekend camping/showing off on the 20th/21st of march though so would mean running down the next day

would be great to see you there, get the feeling it'll just be us horrible boy racers that fancy it but you never know we might get a few TFs :D

i think my dads taking his 2.8i capri to this show as he lives just up the road from santa pod
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8467

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Lol. Its not just for boy racers. Theres propper nice show cars there... Ive been to a few MG club meets. They been ok. But not much fun.. :-(

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8470

Lol. Its not just for boy racers. Theres propper nice show cars there... Ive been to a few MG club meets. They been ok. But not much fun.. :-(

have you been to fest? thats the big one im looking forward to this year :)

i love the modded car scene, hoping to enter it with my TF but allot of work is needed yet!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8471

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Whats on your list pal?
I want bucket seats but thinkin they may be a bit of headwork.

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8475

Whats on your list pal?
I want bucket seats but thinkin they may be a bit of headwork.

The bucket seats were a colossal pain but imo worth it, the problem i have now is that for some reason the doors arn't closing as far as they should (i'm talking all of 1mm here... but it means when you put the roof back up it doesnt sit right (not a problem if you haven't just broke your window switches as you can put the windows down and back up thus solving the problem lol

whats worrying me is that this cant be good for the door locks as the doors are sat in the wrong place... i think i may need to take a power sander to the door cars and make them cave in... but im waiting until i get my bursary payments sorted so have a financial buffer to buy new ones if this goes wrong lol

my list is colosal! lol

the most immidiate (forgetting little jobs just in terms of modding) are:

customizing my T-Bar... atm it wont go back on because the brackets for the 4 point harnesses are too tall :banghead: (see what i mean about bucket seats being effort)

to do this I'm going to need to widen the hole where the speaker went for where the harnesses come through, I'm going to buy 4 of these:

http://www.mikesatur.com/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Accessories_29.html

scroll down to "Seat Belt Escutcheons-Anodised"

what I'm thinking is i could fiberglass (note to self... learn how to fiberglass :hehe:) the speaker hole and leave the gap for the harnesses to come through the T-Bar then fit them to tidy it up... then use some plastic filler where the standard seat-belts came through the T-Bar and then paint it all black to be later covered in leather)

that should give me a nice tidy area and finally have the t-bar back!

then i can fit my plexiglass engine cover lol

replace the engine start button i just fitted with a S2000 one (to continue my red lit up interior) i'm also going to put a dimmer on the power feed to the back light on the button so that the button "pules" red ;) should be cool

next comes a PC install with a hidden screen (i don't want it to look as modded as it will be so that i can still actually park the thing without an armed guard!)

door and boot solenoids, including a full Clifford Alarm System with engine start, solenoid poppers etc

remove the interior door handles (they will open off buttons on the dash like on a TVR)

Red carpets from newton commercial

get seats leathered (not difficult just costly, which will be made more so because i wont to keep the Corbeau logo and writing embossed into the leather)

get T-Bar, center cubby, Transmission tunnel, door pods, dash and airbag "blank" ;) leathered

sometime around then i'll be adding a momo steering wheel, momo gear knob and sparco pedels as well as footwell lights and a decent sound system

and thats the interior!!!! phew :smokin:

dont get me started on the handleing/breaking packages, the respray and custom gold leafing, the HPD200 conversion ;) and the V-TEC! lol

what other plans do you have mate?

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8476

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
how much of the 200hpd conversion you doing? Bonnet, side vents and rear gurney flap spoiler? or you having a electric engine fitted too? I aint bothering with the motorbike engine idea now...

Also, i want solenoid doors with no door handles on the in or outside. Will have buttons on the bottom of the mirrors like TVR.

Ive removed the clocks from the center console and put them in a pod so double din stereo goin in there. Could use that for a computer screen but i spend my days with computers so i dont want one in the car too lol.

Im looking for a engine start kit to go where the ciragette lighter is.
Il relocate the lighter socket to somewhere else then as its a handy power source.

More sounds and the such. Just need to make a list, and decide where to start. Ive made a start with the body. Its been painted, front end nearly finished. Side vents being made. Rear gurney flap being made.

Want to look at different exhaust ends..

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8482

how much of the 200hpd conversion you doing? Bonnet, side vents and rear gurney flap spoiler? or you having a electric engine fitted too? I aint bothering with the motorbike engine idea now...

Also, i want solenoid doors with no door handles on the in or outside. Will have buttons on the bottom of the mirrors like TVR.

Ive removed the clocks from the center console and put them in a pod so double din stereo goin in there. Could use that for a computer screen but i spend my days with computers so i dont want one in the car too lol.

Im looking for a engine start kit to go where the ciragette lighter is.
Il relocate the lighter socket to somewhere else then as its a handy power source.

More sounds and the such. Just need to make a list, and decide where to start. Ive made a start with the body. Its been painted, front end nearly finished. Side vents being made. Rear gurney flap being made.

Want to look at different exhaust ends..

the 220HPD will just be the vented bonnet mate... oh and side scoops...

as for the exterior apart from smoothing off the door handles and removing the boot key barrel i'll be leaving the body of the car standard... the idea being to simply "tidy up" the lines of the car so it looks standard at fist glance... till i open up the V-TEC ;)

well I'm saying standard, the colour is going to change probably to candy apple red and it will have mod lists on the doors... probably in gold leaf or air brushed into the paint by hand... but there wont be a "body kit" as it were... i may open up the front a bit but with the HPD bonnet conversion i doubt i'll need to as the cooling should be vastly improved

as for my solenoids im going to put the button where the finishers are behind the hood... you know thoes little strips of metal with two torx bolts in them?
going to make one of the bolts a fake and turn it into a button ;) should be very subtal and as the doors are so long will save walking from the wing mirror, around the door to get in

while on the subject of doors, if adamelphik gets these lambo doors from spain i think i'll go for them... but i'd want to be a million percent sure they were of very good quality and could work with solenoids obviously

the pc install is going behind the airbag blank... going to use a laptop screen and put the airbag blank on a hinge with a little hydraulic arm... press a button on the dash and it opens... it will probably get used once in a blue moon to show off but thats what a show car is about!

my start button is where the ciggy lighter was and i've wrote a guide on installing one :) so watch this space... tbh it's very easy but still

as for an exhaust system I'm in talks with Long Life in leeds about a 100% custom jobbie, from manifold to finisher... mainly because neilsurrylab seems reluctant to make a TT with quads... so im doing my own, the system will be De-Cat'd and use a motorbike type silencer like the TT although it will be symetrical so the pipes will both work at idle (im not critisizing the best developed system available for the TF... just think it's possible to do something similar and get my quads ;) lol

will be sharing the design with anyone who is interested once i perfect it, although i'm still not 100% going ahead with it as it will need re-doing for the V-TEC :dunno:

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8483

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
ive got one of neils exhausts. the tt mk4 but i want to modify it (cut it a bit) and get custom twin pipes come out off it. will need a bit of bumper cutting.

You mentioned plexi engine cover. I had one. But dont use it coz the noise is too much. And too much of a pain swapping over all the time for shows. in fact, after the last show i took it off the car and dropped it. oops. created a bit of a crack. Never mind. Il make another one if i really want one.

I like the idea of where the door pop buttons will be. You could even work a pressure switch in under those metal pieces so you just have to press down on them. :-)

Keep us informed and send me a link to the howto on the engine start button.

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8489

ive got one of neils exhausts. the tt mk4 but i want to modify it (cut it a bit) and get custom twin pipes come out off it. will need a bit of bumper cutting.

You mentioned plexi engine cover. I had one. But dont use it coz the noise is too much. And too much of a pain swapping over all the time for shows. in fact, after the last show i took it off the car and dropped it. oops. created a bit of a crack. Never mind. Il make another one if i really want one.

I like the idea of where the door pop buttons will be. You could even work a pressure switch in under those metal pieces so you just have to press down on them. :-)

Keep us informed and send me a link to the howto on the engine start button.

ah if you hadn't cracked it i'd of bought it off you just to save having to ***** on cutting a pice myself! lol

as for the noise im going to surround it with dynomat so hopefully it will be a little civilized!

as for a pressure switch, thats what i meant... should be easy to do... the worse thing about solenoids is putting in a "Hard" i.e. non electrical means of opening the doors... im thinking a pice of wire in some conduit going to a handle hidden somewhere for the drives door "just in case" plus a wire in the cabin for the boot like cjj has again just in case

it's ironic i've planned in my head everything im going to do in immence detail i just cant do it due to £££

i rekon some hydraulic arms on the boot will be good... press the solinoid button and watch it open :) same with the lambo doors

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8491

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Then youl need to keep your keyhole. If your battery dies youl be knackered tryin to open anything.

Shows 14 years 3 months ago #8494

Then youl need to keep your keyhole. If your battery dies youl be knackered tryin to open anything.

no need for key hole... i've thought of that lol

the idea is to run two plugs from the battery like they do on race cars (GW had them i reckon if i asked kara she could find a picture as i know they confused her a bit when the front bumper came off....)

that way i could hook up jumper cables or a booster pack to open the central locking then either use the solenoids or if the solenoids have failed pull my secret wire to open the door

told you i'd though of all this in epic detail lol

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT