Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 9 months ago #14752

Yes Defo interested!!
Count me in!!!

Happy Mging

Lee

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 9 months ago #14756

Re: Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 5 months ago #18202

Now that the dust is settling after all the upheavals, it's clear that we need someone to step up and organise a few get-togethers/runs in other ares of the country.

Who would like to volunteer? The admin team are happy to help you with tips, ideas and suggestions.
David
:shrug:

Re: Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 5 months ago #18552

one of my old biking routes: How about a doughnut run, yes it does involve eating doughnuts at brighton pier, yes I know some people may live close, but how about meeting at Newlands corner A25 (Dorking Road to Guildford with access from A3 and M25) National Trust land...good cafe/toilets...then a trundle down to Petsworth through the twisties A&B roads to Arundel castle via Petworth car park (National trust) small cafe teas/coffes/toilets , then you got Little Hampton 'Freds fish and Chip shop' and then onto Brighton pier hence the doughnut run, yum yums with the doughnuts freshly fried:lol: weather will be hit & miss. parking along the sea front

Re: Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 5 months ago #18553

one of my old biking routes: How about a doughnut run, yes it does involve eating doughnuts at brighton pier, yes I know some people may live close, but how about meeting at Newlands corner A25 (Dorking Road to Guildford with access from A3 and M25) National Trust land...good cafe/toilets...then a trundle down to Petsworth through the twisties A&B roads to Arundel castle via Petworth car park (National trust) small cafe teas/coffes/toilets , then you got Little Hampton 'Freds fish and Chip shop' and then onto Brighton pier hence the doughnut run, yum yums with the doughnuts freshly fried:lol: weather will be hit & miss. parking along the sea front

That sounds really good!
Do you want to come up with a date? I'll put it up as an upcoming event, and see who wants to come.

You never know, Sheila and I might be able to make it, as we have relatives in Hove. And we haven't visited in a while.;)
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: wilddog

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 5 months ago #18659

With Xmas coming and getting ready for the festivities, Xmas shopping, relatives, family etc I have come up with some dates, weather permitting.

The newlands carpark is free to park and with teas/coffee and toilets

http://www.boxertrix.com/MeetingPlaces/NewlandsCorner.htm

and also the Petworth carpark is free and with teas/coffee and toilets

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=50.889526,-0.577619&num=1&t=h&sll=50.987332,-0.610827&sspn=0.006295,0.006295&gl=uk&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=50.888592,-0.573027&spn=0.007391,0.02208&z=16

There are also many fantastic pubs on the way as well:woohoo: . Here are some dates here to think about

Dates: Sunday 28th November 2010
Sunday 5th December 2010

Next year
Sunday 23rd January 2011

or any other warmly suggestion :)

Then just an agreeable time to meet

Regards

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Re: Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 5 months ago #18661

Ok, mate I've put it up as a new run. I've just picked the middle date to see who's interested. Obviously if most people want another date you can switch.
I would suggest 10:30 meet, with 11:00 start.

You should try to get a map of the actual route, which you can do on Google, then post a link into the Doughnut thread.
Sounds great!!
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 5 months ago #18687

Ok, mate I've put it up as a new run. I've just picked the middle date to see who's interestede. Obviously if moist people want another date you can switch.

You should try to get a map of the actual route, which you can do on Google, then post a link into the Doughnut thread.
Sounds great!!

Bugger, i have already got Epsom club events on the first and last date and am helping wit the Light up a Life service at St Raphaels Hospice on Sunday 5th December, which we support in a big way. :(

Re: Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 5 months ago #18691

Ok, mate I've put it up as a new run. I've just picked the middle date to see who's interestede. Obviously if moist people want another date you can switch.

Sounds great!!

Bugger, i have already got Epsom club events on the first and last date and am helping wit the Light up a Life service at St Raphaels Hospice on Sunday 5th December, which we support in a big way. :(

Could you suggest another date?
David

Re: Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 5 months ago #18723

After christmas would be better for us.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 5 months ago #18724

.......You should try to get a map of the actual route, which you can do on Google, then post a link into the Doughnut thread.
Sounds great!!

I tried that but you need a google account............

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: Calling all Southerners: Local Southern Meets in your Area!!! 13 years 5 months ago #18738

I didn't realise you needed to be a member, but it only takes a second to sign up!
David

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT