Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21388

• Visitor
  • Visitor

How about the MGOC stand at midday then?

Great to meet up with you and your son. Hope you managed to buy the things you had noticed in the morning. Will keep in touch and maybe meet up again somewhere. :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21389

• Visitor
  • Visitor
had a really good day at the show. As it was my first visit it was all very interesting.
I managed to get a bargain buy of a set of alloys. It was too good to miss. I carried them back to the car with a bit of help from the seller and then remembered that I was in the MGF and not the other car. :ohmy:
I got carried away in the heat of the moment doing the deal :ohmy: Luckily I had come on my own so I thought they must go in the front seat. I did manage that much to the amusement of passers by :lol: but unfortunately it was impossible to see out of the car other than dead ahead or to the right. Looking left was a "no no" :whistle: Decided not to worry about it and went back to the show to continue looking around. After a while it was time to go home so went back to the car. It did look rather ridiculous. Three in the passenger seat was almost tolerable but four was impossible! Only one thing to do. The fourth wheel has got to go in the boot. Well most of it did but not all :ohmy: so I closed the boot as much as I could and secured it the best I could and came home like that rather slowly. Still it was worth it. They do look good laying in my garage. They will be even better on the car. I will get around to that this week. :woohoo:

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21391

Was it you that got the bargain set at the MGF centre stand - they were cracking. :woohoo:

Sorry I missed meeting up with you - was at the MGOC stand at 12 - just the wrong one, chatting to a very nice guy called Mel about his TF and wondering where everyone was - senior moment revealed when I saw the main stand later in the afternoon. :shrug:

Had similar problems coming home trying to fit the 5 piece carpet set and MGOC picnic set in the boot while my passenger had to have his stuff by his feet - lucky the foam guy didn't have the stuff I wanted with him. :lol:

Life is its own answer, accept it and enjoy it day by day. Live as well as possible, expect no more." - Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles ...

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21394

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Sounds like you all had a good time.:thumbsup:
David
:shrug:

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21395

Nice to meet up with you too :)

Bought a couple of small bits - nearly bought the wrong size discs for the AP-racing brakes :ohmy:

Worse thing was we walked round the main hall the wrong way - if we had gone left instead of right I wouldn't have missed the carbon fibre Mk1 console, that was top of my want's list, by 15 bloody minutes :(

Still good fun tho - and I got to test the new splitter on the M4 ;)

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21396

Sorry I missed you all Stoneleigh ,only read about the lunch time meet today (Monday) ,it would have been nice to have met all you baldies I think I am older than most with hair. Set off early was there by 08.25 had to wait for them to open. Did I spend money YES £6 for a new boxed set of horns.Left at 13 .30 ,returned 14.00 sat in the car I noticed quite a few . coming away with s/s coolant pipes on asking one person about same , I found out the reason, they were cheap ,went back to the stall guess what, sold out and I had been there early and had still missed them . Still a good plead did the job they will arrive next week at the show price(( am a miserable pleader) .Still spent less than last year and had a great time, hope to meet some of you some time RON.

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21397

• David Aiketgate's Avatar Topic Author
  • David Aiketgate
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
Well done on the pleading, Ron.:rofl:
Talking of miserable pleaders, I see the Carry on films are getting another run-out.:lol:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21399

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Was it you that got the bargain set at the MGF centre stand - they were cracking. :woohoo: :

There was a rather sorry looking set of square spook alloys on the corner of the stall that many people glanced at and then moved on. I was not too sure at first and it took me a few visits to make my mind up. On first sight they looked a bit shabby and uncared for. They had a few marks on then and were rather dirty. On my last visit to take another look I decided to take the plunge. After a bit of negotiation a deal was struck. How pleased I now am. I have spent a little time today giving them some TLC and they are really looking great. Can't wait to get them on the car. :woohoo:

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21413

Was it you that got the bargain set at the MGF centre stand - they were cracking. :woohoo: :

There was a rather sorry looking set of square spook alloys on the corner of the stall that many people glanced at and then moved on. I was not too sure at first and it took me a few visits to make my mind up. On first sight they looked a bit shabby and uncared for. They had a few marks on then and were rather dirty. On my last visit to take another look I decided to take the plunge. After a bit of negotiation a deal was struck. How pleased I now am. I have spent a little time today giving them some TLC and they are really looking great. Can't wait to get them on the car. :woohoo:

Well done! Square spokes are THE best looking wheels!

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21414

They looked a good set of wheels & tyres, i am glad you got a bargain, they were the best of a bad bunch of secondhand wheels :woohoo:

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21418

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I was happy with my purshase :woohoo: and so I continued with a bit more spending. :lol:
I just couldn't resist these. I have been looking on eBay for some time but could not find what I wanted.
I just love these - black and tinted. :lol:

Re: MG and Parts Show 13 years 2 months ago #21419

They look lovely, so much better on a "silver" car :woohoo: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT