Sign In   Register

Topic

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #1534

Chin up Kara - when I was made redundant a few years back it gave me the kick I needed to go up the ladder instead of constantly sideways! Keep postive and I am sure it will all turn out for the better....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #1536

Oh bugger! Poor you :( I hope you both find something soon. xx

Thanks mate! :)

Sorry to hear the news Kara :frown: Hope you find something sooner rather than later :grouphug:

Am rather tempted by this Jan, good excuse for a weekend away as well :yesnod: Just not sure I could make it in time from work. Just over 3 hours is the estimated journey time and I finish at 4 :p Might try and sneak away an hour early if Linda's interested in coming. Any good (ie cheap :lol:) B&Bs or Travel Lodges nearby?

Thanks Dan! :grouphug:

Chin up Kara - when I was made redundant a few years back it gave me the kick I needed to go up the ladder instead of constantly sideways! Keep postive and I am sure it will all turn out for the better....

Thank you Adam. I agree, working at an offy was not quite what I had in mind after graduating last year... this will give us both the push we need. :yesnod:

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #1652

Sorry to hear that Kara:( Is the off licence closing?
What subject did you graduate in
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #1668

Sorry to hear that Kara:( Is the off licence closing?
What subject did you graduate in

Yes unfortunately the whole chain is going bust - you might have heard of them they're made up of Threshers, Wine Rack, The Local and Haddows: http://www.threshergroup.com/

I graduated with a 2:1 in English from Kent Uni so not really booze orientated unless you count my alcohol fueled days at uni! :lol:

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #1685

129 miles.... are cameras allowed??

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #1694

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Sorry to hear that Kara. I'm sure somthing will come along, fingers crossed and all that.

We were only talking about Threshers when we we're in Brighton - my mate mentioned the closure as we passed one, then we passed about three more. Certainly a lot of them down there.

Re the talk. Should be a lot of fun. I went along with 3C MG a couple of weeks ago to a talk with Ian at Longbridge one evening. It was good fun and a very entertaining evening. Ian is a great chap with a huge amount of enthusiasm for the marque and the cars.

Recomend his book too about his time working for MG in China. On reading that it makes the fact they've delivered such a great new TF all the more impressive.

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #1975

But seriously, all meets etc. are off the cards for me & Frank... just found out we are being made redundant at the end of the month. Merry christmas eh? :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about yours and Franks jobs Kara :frown: I hope you find something much more fitting for someone of your qualifications with the new batch of applications :)

Am rather tempted by this Jan, good excuse for a weekend away as well :yesnod: Just not sure I could make it in time from work. Just over 3 hours is the estimated journey time and I finish at 4 :p Might try and sneak away an hour early if Linda's interested in coming. Any good (ie cheap :lol:) B&Bs or Travel Lodges nearby?

Hmm not really cheap :frown: Unfortunately being a Fri night and in Cardiff, the prices are pretty steep

ETap is £50...
Premier Inn is £80 (or £53 a couple of miles outisde of central Cardiff)
Express Holiday Inn is £71

I don't know any B&Bs to recommend, but will ask around and see if anyone else more local to Cardiff does...

129 miles.... are cameras allowed??

I would imagine cameras are allowed seeing as they were allowed inside Longbridge, but I will double check and let you know :)

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #2085

Hmm not really cheap :frown: Unfortunately being a Fri night and in Cardiff, the prices are pretty steep

ETap is £50...
Premier Inn is £80 (or £53 a couple of miles outisde of central Cardiff)
Express Holiday Inn is £71

Bugger, should have expected better than to get a cheap weekend away especially at this time of year :lol:

Will have to have a think and see if it's realistic to do...

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #2139

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Is this event only open to F / TF drivers, is thecar like your entry pass (:lol:) ? or can anybody with an interest go along ? :)

I don't know any B&Bs to recommend, but will ask around and see if anyone else more local to Cardiff does...

I just moved to Cardiff so will have a look about and let ya know if I spot anything

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #2226

Is this event only open to F / TF drivers, is thecar like your entry pass (:lol:) ? or can anybody with an interest go along ? :)

I just moved to Cardiff so will have a look about and let ya know if I spot anything

lol nope no F/TF required for entry - it's open to everyone :) If you do spot/hear of a decent B&B let us know, I'm up in Pontypool and don't know Cardiff well enough to be able to recommend anywhere, I know where there is a few but whether they are decent or not I wouldn't be able to say :dunno:

And yamahapaul - I checked and cameras are welcome :)

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #2407

this sounds like a great evening... anyone fancy fronting the cash for my insurance and a few tanks of petrol lol

can't believe you've lost your job kara :( hope u n frank find something soon, i can defiantly sympathize
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Special MG Evening Event - Fri 27 Nov (Cardiff) 14 years 5 months ago #2450

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
If you stopped buying badges for your car you could buy insurance and fuel and stuff. :)

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT