Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76149

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I was thinking Welsh in there some where, although he really does remind me of a 1/4 Shire 3/4 Thoroughbred I had that was stunning and stood 17.1 as a 2 year old, he was a right stubborn ass :pinch:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76151

I was thinking Welsh in there some where, although he really does remind me of a 1/4 Shire 3/4 Thoroughbred I had that was stunning and stood 17.1 as a 2 year old, he was a right stubborn shaft :pinch:

Impressed! He's Shire/TB cross. I think the colour gives it away (and the hairy legs - but I clip them to spare his blushes!)

Luckily, he doesn't have a stubborn bone in his body - he's an absolute sweetheart. Bit of a drama queen - but I can live with that!

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76156

• Visitor
  • Visitor
People have the wrong opinion of Shires, they are incredibly pretty, very like a Warmblood as in slow to learn but when they do, they never forget, mischievous, and have the most powerful hind quarters, like a Suffolk Punch, which when crossed with a TB produces an exceptional jumping horse, short but incredibly powerful, just a bit chunky on turns which can let them down, unless you bounce them round on their hocks B)

He is a very handsome boy, although I think he will lead you as merry a dance as Wiggly lol

Last edit: Post by .

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76161

So, he's actually a horse? Not a dog at all?
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76163

People have the wrong opinion of Shires, they are incredibly pretty, very like a Warmblood as in slow to learn but when they do, they never forget, mischievous, and have the most powerful hind quarters, like a Suffolk Punch, which when crossed with a TB produces an exceptional jumping horse, short but incredibly powerful, just a bit chunky on turns which can let them down, unless you bounce them round on their hocks B)

He is a very handsome boy, although I think he will lead you as merry a dance as Wiggly lol

He can be a bit quirky - very very quick and sharp for a big horse - and he's a spooky sod. Tries to leap into my arms like Scooby Doo if something scares him - then wonders why I'm cursing!

Makes up for it by being a joy under saddle - and he's also a complete charmer - whickers at me every time I speak to him. Knows exactly where the carrots come from!

Last pic - honest...

Attachments:

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76165

So, he's actually a horse? Not a dog at all?

Horse who thinks he's a dog perhaps!

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76176

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Judging by that "last" photo, errr yeah right, he looks like a horse. who "Knows" he's a God B)

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76219

Judging by that "last" photo, errr yeah right, he looks like a horse. who "Knows" he's a God B)

He is a God, and he knows it! But he's more than earned the right to be a bit smug!

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76230

Wow, what a terific horse! You are so lucky having somewhere to keep an animal like that. You mus live somwhere you can ride him as well. Are his competition days over or do you have some plans?

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76234

lovely boy Ally you deserve him :broon:

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76235

Beautiful!
Not that I know anything about horses but he is lovely...

Go on, you might as well spill about his achievements before he retired...

Re: Won't fit in an F 11 years 6 months ago #76245

I'll answer everyone in one post!

He's 15 years old, so his competition days aren't necessarily over - but I bought him for a pittance because he has leg problems, which were preventing him from being able to work consistently enough to compete at a high level. The place he came from was a professional yard with a lot of younger horses, and they weren't interested in putting the time and money into sorting out his problems, so were considering having him euthanised. I have the time, and have always wanted a horse like him - all my others ahve been youngsters that I have trained myself, so the lure of a horse that knows it all at this stage in my life was huge!

He lives at a local livery yard - it;'s a very horsey area, so loads of nice places for them to live

He has had a complete veterinary assessment, and has arthtritis in his hind legs, plus soem old damage to ligaments. He's had an intravenous infusion of a drug which slows down the arthritis, ad several sessions of shockwave therapy to help his ligaments heal. Last set of scans and xrays showed a lot of improvement, although he managed to tear a ligament jumping out of his field, so he's currently recovering from that. He is out int he field resting at the moment, and will be scanned and xrayed in January, with a view to starting work again - fingers crossed he's ok!

He may be able to compete again if his recovery carries on as well as it is at the moment, but I don't really care abotu that. I'm hoping to be able to do some hacking and play around in the school with him - anything else is a bonus. I'm just happy that I was able to give him a second chance!

He's an advanced dressage horse, who was competing at Internediare 1 level before he broke (one level down from Grand Prix, the top level) He knows all the GP movements, and is always very keen to show them off!

Last edit: Post by Dressur.
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT