Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #181353

Hi there Mark-is tt next year that MGF's an be imported into USA?

Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #181361

Hi Mike,

Nope, the USofA must wait until the fall of 2020 before the first MGFs can be imported legally.
Mark
95 MGF

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #181362

Mark,
not too long -is it a 25year rule must be spose -hopefully were having an MGF25 event being planned by MGCC in 2020
Do you think any MGF's might be imported /
Mike

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #181384

My wife and I will attend MGF25 and we have thrown around the idea of importing one of our Fs over for the event. Judy's is #59, the oldest F on the road in Canada, so that would be sort of neat to bring back to England. #7 is in a garage 40 minutes south of where I live but it is not road worthy at the moment.
Mark
95 MGF

Last edit: Post by mowog73.

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #181445

would be great to see a picture of it.

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #181446

He's a picture of it. I thought I had a picture of the interior but I can't find it. The interior isn't original. A previous owner upgrade it to Mk2 mirage cloth seats and door cards and I have added a speaker t-bar. Other upgrades done by the previous owner are a 52mm throttle body and a Mike Satur Daytona exhaust. Also, the marker lights have been changed from amber to clear.

An interesting note, at least to me, is that on the UK V5 registration, it says that the model is 'Three Thousand Five', which Roger Parker tells me is what they called the MGF during development to throw journalists off the scent. But this car is #59, so why does the V5 says its model is 'Three Thousand Five'? I am also curious what the original registration number was for this car.

Mark
95 MGF
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mowog73.

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #181449

ask one of the lads on here, I know you can get the rundown on your VIN number, but you will have to ask who can find out for you, nice car tho . it will look nicer in my rear view mirror lol

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #181450

cost you £10 for the dvla to tell you the last reg number, must have been sold on by the sounds of it.

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #181454

• SundanceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
  • MG TF 160 owner in Staffordshire

We were there with a friend from our local MG club in Leek -great day out and well organised.
We didn't get wet at all and stayed topless in the spirit of the event.
Most of the circuit we knew well as it is our club stomping ground (http://www.staffordshiremoorlandsmgoc.co.uk/) ,a little plug for our charity events ,but it didn't prevent us from going a little astray of the road book!
Its always surprising on organised events no matter how big they are that at some point you will find yourself on your own, so having a navigator is a good idea.
We recently did the MGOC Snowdon Run -200 cars on that one-still found ourselves adrift from the mass of traffic.
Just one thing to add -dont keep it just a Facebook thing -we would have missed this event as not everyone uses Facebook, fortunately we were able to register via MGF/TF Bitz directly after I found reference on this site.
I think if you emailed some of the MG clubs with advanced notification they would be happy to add you on their websites event lists.
In respect of speeds , I think that it became a race in some parts but not a problem if you were out to enjoy the day.

Regrds

Mike

Mike,
I fully agree that using Facebook as a promotional tool for the event, severely limits the spread of the news of the event. Indeed I would have not known about it, but learned only from my visits to Bitz for spares.
I actually joined Facebook ages ago, but only started to really use it to let the organisers know I wanted to come along and donate a few items for the auction. The same goes for FRL, again using Facebook as a window for the event.
This is why I mentioned it on here, but in fairness, I think that this year the limit of how many cars can cram into Dintings lane industrial estate has just about been reached, so perhaps the numbers are not that bad.
Its a shame that a lot more people on here cannot make it, as it would be good to meet up with some of the regulars who post.
Now Friends Round London in Feb next year is moving the meeting/starting place and Lee Pudney tells me that it will be able to cater for a larger number of vehicles in one space and also the entry onto the M25 itself.
Its going to be one great MG (and other cars too) meeting. I really enjoyed last years run and the weather was absolutely superb for February.
I hope to travel down on the Saturday probably about lunchtime from Staffordshire, be nice if we could get a convoy going, picking up on the way down from say Derby and then at each service station on the M1.
Anyone fancy this if you are attending, and travelling from the North of the M25?
Also I nearly popped over to the Staffs Moorlands MG club to see what its about, but ended up joining with the Potteries and South Cheshire owners club instead. Not that I do many runs a year anyhow. The pub you meet in is not that far from me, so may pop in sometime and see what sort of club you have there Mike.

Sundance

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #181485

Facebook is useful as another outlet but I don't think it should be the only one.

FRL has a webpage somewhere as well as a page on .org, feel free to start a thread on here - please.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT