• Page:

Topic

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 8 months ago #179354

• SundanceUK's Avatar Topic Author
  • SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
  • MG TF 160 owner in Staffordshire
Just thought I would let you all know that the Topless around the Peaks run is on the 17th September this year.
We did last years run and had a great time.
There were about 80 cars last year, about 65 of them were F's and TF's and the route was a very scenic run from Glossop through the peak districts finest roads and finishing up at Carsington reservoir for a cool off, before heading out for a pub supper!
If anyone fancies it, the start point is MGFnTFbitz in Glossop, and there will be an auction and raffle for MG parts and other stuff beforehand, all for charity.
Ruth and Claire, who organise the run are accepting bookings now on facebook, just search for the Topless around the peaks group on FB.

As long as the weather stays fine, it should be another good one.
Here are a few pics from last year!

Sundance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 8 months ago #179356

Looking forward to it I hope to be there again.

The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 8 months ago #179362

Too much traffic :whistle:

We prefare quiet roads with no traffic jams!;)

Only been on one run before...hated it due to the insane speeds everyone was driving at!

Might give this one a try though, as love this part of the world.

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 7 months ago #180390

• SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Well TATP is on next Sunday, anyone else coming on here coming....should be about 80 cars if the facebook page is correct.

Sundance

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 7 months ago #180391

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.
Will definitely give this one some thought: Peaks are about an hour away from us here in Leics. Lovely part of the country. Have to agree with G0RSQ however...

We're on our Wedding Anniversary hol later that week, so as long as preparation is advanced well try and make it.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 7 months ago #180394

We are free, and will be going.

If the speeds get over 35mph, we will go home :woowoo:

Hope the weather is good.

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 7 months ago #180407

sorry too far away and will only be doing the northwest runs due to my age, and the car wont be out until next summer, making sure that all will be well head gasket wise and clutch, but hope who goes has a great time and try and put some photo's on here,

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #180947

• SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Well it was a couple of weeks ago, and finally got some pictures uploaded of the 2017 run.
There were some truly amazing looking F's and TF's and the cars were a credit to the owners.
Gotta thank Claire and Ruth for organising the run and Darren and Jill at Bitz for allowing us to invade the premises for the day. And best was it raised a lot for charity.
Ok we did get caught in a heavy downpour halfway round too, but most of us kept the roofs down and made the best of the day!
The route was certainly scenic and its always a pleasure to drive the snake pass.
Refreshments and the BBQ at the end was great and it was good to see so many happy MG drivers together!
Some pics of the day are underneath, enjoy the cars, they were all awesome!
Sundance

The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, sworkscooper

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #180954

Aye great day out and your car was stunning Sundance, one of the best I've seen.
You've managed to capture me chatting to the chap with the light blue V6 F.
I like the stripes on your car as we discussed but they are to bold for me, but hey ho you never know maybe one day.

Last edit: Post by Bob.

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 6 months ago #180958

• SundanceUK
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Yes the light blue F was a bit special, as was the Sunspot yellow TF behind. I have seen a couple of Sunspots now and the colour is growing on me.
As for the stripes, Bob, there are a lot of XPG TF's out there, just wanted to make mine a bit different....
Your TF is pretty tidy too, mate.

Sundance

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 5 months ago #181347

We were there with a friend from our local MG club in Leek -great day out and well organised.
We didn't get wet at all and stayed topless in the spirit of the event.
Most of the circuit we knew well as it is our club stomping ground (http://www.staffordshiremoorlandsmgoc.co.uk/) ,a little plug for our charity events ,but it didn't prevent us from going a little astray of the road book!
Its always surprising on organised events no matter how big they are that at some point you will find yourself on your own, so having a navigator is a good idea.
We recently did the MGOC Snowdon Run -200 cars on that one-still found ourselves adrift from the mass of traffic.
Just one thing to add -dont keep it just a Facebook thing -we would have missed this event as not everyone uses Facebook, fortunately we were able to register via MGF/TF Bitz directly after I found reference on this site.
I think if you emailed some of the MG clubs with advanced notification they would be happy to add you on their websites event lists.
In respect of speeds , I think that it became a race in some parts but not a problem if you were out to enjoy the day.

Regrds

Mike

Topless around the Peaks run 2017 6 years 5 months ago #181350

Man, that looks great, you guys are so lucky to have such great roads and lots of Fs and TFs about.

Our club's fall tour is Saturday on the flat, straight roads in our area, and the only MGFs will be mine and my wife's. I am envious of the bunch of you.
Mark
95 MGF

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT