Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

UPDATE Devon Meeting, can we beat Harley davidson? 9 years 2 weeks ago #157915

Hi Guys, Both Myself and Tjdonc have had interest in a meeting at my Pub In Devon, we offer a very large beer garden, large car park with attached field for extra parking, BBQ and theres a B&B pub opposite and a traveloge 1/2 mile away. Now, the pub has organised a bike meeting due to the boss owning a harley davidson, i would very much love to beat his numbers of attendance and make this a really good day for everyone. Ive come up with a sample flyer which i will finalise when i have the date sorted which will hopefully be today. I would love to have as many Mg's from classics to modern as possible where people can sell and buy parts or cars even! Get some great photos and get a massive group photo with everyone in with a few of the cars. Its going to be an event to raise some money for the Red cross which my family are members and they will be in attendance for the day incase anyone is in need of medical care, all donations will be very much appreciated. A run will be organised through the stunning devon countryside for the afternoon. I would love a few stalls to be there for people to shop at and maybe someone offering a hydragas top-up service?? Im sure we can all make this a great day and show the boss that MG can kick Harley davisons a** by a long shot. Im planning on advertising this a lot to get as much public interest as possible. Spaces at the pub opposite for B&B will be very limited and i will try to have a chat with them to get a reduced rate for t-bar members. More information to follow so please check back.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Forrester, Andy Lawrence, cairnsys

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Sithmaull.

Devon Meeting, can we beat Harley davidson? 9 years 2 weeks ago #157916

Bit far away for us but good luck whit this.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sithmaull

Devon Meeting, can we beat Harley davidson? 9 years 2 weeks ago #157929

Do you have dates in mind yet. Would be very interested.

Devon Meeting, can we beat Harley davidson? 9 years 2 weeks ago #157931

Not confirmed yet, been trying to catch the main boss all day but to be frank hes an arrogant arsehole and been in a mood all day because he had to do 10 mins of work! I will catch him asap though to confirm a date.

Devon Meeting, can we beat Harley davidson? 9 years 2 weeks ago #157932

Sounds like my boss..... Not too far for me as I'm only in Somerset. Please keep us posted

Devon Meeting, can we beat Harley davidson? 9 years 2 weeks ago #157933

Not confirmed yet, been trying to catch the main boss all day but to be frank hes an arrogant arsehole and been in a mood all day because he had to do 10 mins of work! I will catch him asap though to confirm a date.

Hey! What's my boss doing in your pub? :lol:

Let me know if and when you finalise this (best to pm me) and then I'll send it out as an invite to all the members on my friends list. Don't expect any of the Aussies to turn up though. :lol:

Devon Meeting, can we beat Harley davidson? 9 years 2 weeks ago #157935

Don't expect any of the Aussies to turn up though. :lol:

Noooobody expects the Aussie inquisition! :omg:
( sorry I seem to be suddenly channelling old Monty Python sketches) :lol:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Devon Meeting, can we beat Harley davidson? 9 years 2 weeks ago #157936

to be frank hes an arrogant arsehole and been in a mood all day because he had to do 10 mins of work!]

Such character traits can tend go with the Harley.
Not the bikes fault (though they do have a great many) but arrogant arseholes do seem to be attracted to them, probably as they see the "badboy" Harley image as something to aspire to.
This badboy Harley image is a bit of a joke now as there are more pseudo rebels such as: actors, hairdressers, accountants, lawyers and assorted other badboy wannabes riding them theses days than actual genuine, hardcase, bad arse bikers. :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Devon Meeting, can we beat Harley davidson? 9 years 2 weeks ago #157937

I totally agree, hes joined some kind of harley club and now thinks hes the biggest badass around. he is simply a cock, nothing more, nothing less. Its either his way or dont work here, ring any bells? lol. Well assuming he has now finished his 5 days off and decided to actually run the pub for once rather then letting me do it for him then i will get 5 mins with him and tell him about it and try to get a date, problem is you need to catch him in the right mood otherwise its not even worth asking. PS if anybody wishes to offer me a job in the south west please get in touch, i am genuinely looking .

Devon Meeting, can we beat Harley davidson? 9 years 2 weeks ago #157951

Ok, been ok'd for the event and a provisional date set so watch the forum for the final date, also in talks with the opposite pub regarding reduced room rates for you guys which offer B& all you can eat breakfast, they only have 6 rooms though so they wont last long, otherwise its the traveloge 1/2 mile away. Will update tomorrow hopefully with the confirmed date.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrOrange

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT