Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 1 year 5 months ago #200407

Unbelievable transformation... only install if you love LOUD! 😄😄😄
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted pics

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 1 year 5 months ago #200426

Well impressive garage space!
How have you found day to day running with this exhaust?
How is the gas distribution, have they resolved the issue of the left hand pipe actually sucking, not blowing?
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 1 year 5 months ago #200492

It's very raucous on acceleration, even at 3000rpm (impressed my teen boys, so must be good!) drones at low speeds and rpm, but cruising it settles down... I note that the right pipe blows more than the left but both are blowing. I thought perhaps when it's flat out they might equalise but wouldn't know...

Sounds like a real sports car now 😄

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 1 year 5 months ago #200493

Video of first rev up on hoist...

Last edit: Post by perry.collier. Reason: Failed video upload

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 1 year 5 months ago #200494

How have you found day to day running with this exhaust?
How is the gas distribution, have they resolved the issue of the left-hand pipe actually sucking, not blowing?

I've had my TT7 for a few years now. The original was rusting badly. It had holes in the box but didn't leak and passed the MOT.

Initially, it was really quite raucous burbling away at tick over and with quite a few pops on the overrun. It soon calmed down and is fairly quiet when driven conservatively around town. It gets quite boisterous when I give the car some beans and makes a glorious noise at 6,000+rpm. It has the standard catalytic converter. The only issue I have with it in terms of noise is that it drones quite badly at a steady 70 on the motorway, especially if the hood is up (not often!).

As for the gas flow, when the car is started, steam only comes out of the right-hand pipe but air movement can be easily felt at both pipes. As Perry says, once it's up and running, I have no idea. I've never noticed which pipe the MOT man puts his probe in when testing emissions. It's never been an issue at MOT time. If you look at the routing of the pipes in pics 4 and 7, it's not really surprising that the exhaust gas prefers the right-hand pipe at low pressure/revs. I've never considered it to be an issue.

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 1 year 5 months ago #200495

Both pipes were blowing when idling, but right more than the left...

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 1 year 5 months ago #200496

Tried uploading a vid with TT rev up but doesn't seem to be uploading... Posted on The MGF Register FB site if you're desperate to hear it... 😄

Some guy on Facebook messaged me and took the p*ss out of the TT but I'm very pleased with the product, especially for price - about $850 landed in Oz, $165 cash to install with new rubber mounts... Happy days!

Last edit: Post by perry.collier. Reason: Spelling mistake

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 1 year 4 months ago #200738

My TT Mk7 blows from both rear pipes although the right hand side is more powerful. the left definitely blows out, but i use a rubber bung in the LHS pipe for the MoT emissions. passed four MoT's now with pipe bunged up. I find the drone at motorway speeds to be very wearing and I have bought a Daytona from Mike Satur which will be fitted when the weather gets a bit warmer. its a beautifully made exhaust.

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 6 months 3 weeks ago #204273

I have now taken the TT Mk7 off the car and fitted the Daytona from Mike Satur, it is a beautifully made exhaust, I also opted for a MS Sports Cat and I decided to have the Quad tailpipes. The sound is superb, gone is the drone at 70mph, it sounds so nice I just want to drive it. exhaust has been on now for three months. I have also had it re-mapped by SAWS,

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 6 months 3 weeks ago #204285

You can't beat the Daytona for overall sound and quality.😍
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: mowog73

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 6 months 3 weeks ago #204316

Hello Brian . This exhaust quandary is something I am contemplating doing on my TF . Do i take it that the sound is good as in not over loud ? I drive the car quite a bit with the top down so , I don't want to annoy either myself or the neighbourhood . :nonod:

John

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 6 months 2 weeks ago #204319

You really need to listen to a TT Mk 7, they are really loud, without a cat & with one, if you want something that is not going to annoy the neighbours ,then the TT is not for you. I tried an MGOC Supersports (used one) and this is very quiet also the stainless pipes looked very black Neil willets now produces a TT Mk9 which he has said is much quieter than the TT Mk7!!- there is another problem with the 7, it blows exhaust from the offside pipe much more than the nearside, which causes a problem at MoT time, It appears to be pulling in ''AIR'' which sends the test unit haywire, blocking up the nearside pipe stops this, I bought a Plumbers pipe blocker and fitted this myself at every test.
The Daytona is superb, beautifully built easy to install and sounds superb, it has a lovely quiet deep sound on tickover, but when you get going it comes into its own, I can now see why they don't get taken off a put up for used sale. it would also appear that the stainless steel Sports Cat has improved the flow. I am very very pleased wit the set up. You have the choice of three different tail pipes, Oval, Round or quad (two twins) I opted for the quad. I have a piper cross panel filter and a SAWS re.map which has enhanced the engine. If anyone asks in future for recommendations I would put the DAYTONA at number one.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT