Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 2 months 3 weeks ago #200407

Unbelievable transformation... only install if you love LOUD! 😄😄😄
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Inserted pics

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 2 months 3 weeks ago #200426

Well impressive garage space!
How have you found day to day running with this exhaust?
How is the gas distribution, have they resolved the issue of the left hand pipe actually sucking, not blowing?
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 2 months 1 week ago #200492

It's very raucous on acceleration, even at 3000rpm (impressed my teen boys, so must be good!) drones at low speeds and rpm, but cruising it settles down... I note that the right pipe blows more than the left but both are blowing. I thought perhaps when it's flat out they might equalise but wouldn't know...

Sounds like a real sports car now 😄

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 2 months 1 week ago #200493

Video of first rev up on hoist...

Last edit: Post by perry.collier. Reason: Failed video upload

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 2 months 1 week ago #200494

How have you found day to day running with this exhaust?
How is the gas distribution, have they resolved the issue of the left-hand pipe actually sucking, not blowing?

I've had my TT7 for a few years now. The original was rusting badly. It had holes in the box but didn't leak and passed the MOT.

Initially, it was really quite raucous burbling away at tick over and with quite a few pops on the overrun. It soon calmed down and is fairly quiet when driven conservatively around town. It gets quite boisterous when I give the car some beans and makes a glorious noise at 6,000+rpm. It has the standard catalytic converter. The only issue I have with it in terms of noise is that it drones quite badly at a steady 70 on the motorway, especially if the hood is up (not often!).

As for the gas flow, when the car is started, steam only comes out of the right-hand pipe but air movement can be easily felt at both pipes. As Perry says, once it's up and running, I have no idea. I've never noticed which pipe the MOT man puts his probe in when testing emissions. It's never been an issue at MOT time. If you look at the routing of the pipes in pics 4 and 7, it's not really surprising that the exhaust gas prefers the right-hand pipe at low pressure/revs. I've never considered it to be an issue.

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 2 months 1 week ago #200495

Both pipes were blowing when idling, but right more than the left...

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 2 months 1 week ago #200496

Tried uploading a vid with TT rev up but doesn't seem to be uploading... Posted on The MGF Register FB site if you're desperate to hear it... 😄

Some guy on Facebook messaged me and took the p*ss out of the TT but I'm very pleased with the product, especially for price - about $850 landed in Oz, $165 cash to install with new rubber mounts... Happy days!

Last edit: Post by perry.collier. Reason: Spelling mistake

Trevor Taylor Mk7 Exhaust went on today... "OMG" 1 month 2 weeks ago #200738

My TT Mk7 blows from both rear pipes although the right hand side is more powerful. the left definitely blows out, but i use a rubber bung in the LHS pipe for the MoT emissions. passed four MoT's now with pipe bunged up. I find the drone at motorway speeds to be very wearing and I have bought a Daytona from Mike Satur which will be fitted when the weather gets a bit warmer. its a beautifully made exhaust.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
© 2023 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT