Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

New to the club with a TF 8 years 11 months ago #158761

• Hammy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Hammy
  • Journeyman MGer
  • Journeyman MGer
Well, I ahve had this MG for a few days now... and today was a nice long trip in it. Now I will be honest, I come from the MX5 world.. engine front and with a diff at rear. I was always confident in MX5's as they were very predictable. The MG is a totally different driving experience and I will admit to taking things gingerly to begin with until I could begin to find out how this handles...and it's grip limits - all too aware the engine is behind me this time.

My first two things I ahd to get used to...in order was A: gearchange... there is what feels like MM between the throw... and that took some getting used to.. and B: the steering...which is very quick. I ahve to say I absolutely love those two things. I love the driving position - I feel more like I am in a go cart/racing car with arms and legs outstretched... but the pedal positon being closer to the driver is brilliant. The seats are also more comfortable. I love the sound of the engine behind me and I love the smoothness. Mine has the sport pack and whilst it is harder, I ahve 225 profile tyres on the rear instead of 215 but this in my humble opinion makes it much more comfortable.

SO today I gave a spirited drive....now I am feeling more confident and I love this car...everything about it. Cabin ambience, sound, grip, handling, steering. Fantastic it is. I also on an empty small island gave it some to see if the tail would come out... I felt a slight kick...now I know where it's at.

All in all... I am loving this.

I do believe... I am a convert from MX5 land to MG land :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

New to the club with a TF 8 years 11 months ago #158762

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)
Attachments:

New to the club with a TF 8 years 11 months ago #158790

Mine was good in the dry but shocking in the wet until I changed to descent rear tyres now im much more happier with tail end grip .. dont get me wrong it can still b interesting to drive in the wet but much more predictable

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.122 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT