Sign In   Register

Topic

Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156010

Personally I think there is an issue with buying a 'special edition' at a fairly top price with lower specification parts. I'd be after a discount as the car is not to Sunstorm spec any more. It would be easy to Google the spec of the car and show the dealer. This time of year there are lots of available good cars, and no need to spec top dollar if the car is not as advertised - albeit one with lovely bodywork.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156017

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Each to their own Adam. I'm a happy bunny and I it really is a lovely car in the flesh. As you say not original, but I'm not a tan interior man anyway so I was aware when choosing a car that there may be more than a little compromise. ;)

Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156020

I can see Adam's point, however, the only changes I can see from the Sunstorm spec are the seats and some rather nice alloy heater knobs and those not quite so nice kickplates. Personally, I don't like Alcantara because it's prone to bobble and it shows the dirt. I'm guessing the previous owner didn't like it either which is why he/she's replaced the seats with a nice TF pattern that still matches the door infil. Looks like the car has been well cared for and had a lot of expensive work done (from the eBay description) on it which means it's not a 'cheap' TF but then again it shouldn't be a 'nasty' one either. Because it is no longer a standard spec special, you can mod it to your heart's content if you want without feeling 'guilty'. I think all the Sunstorms had beige plastic and it looks OK to my eyes with the black trim. I'd want to replace the kickplates with MS ones if I could find them (he doesn't make them any more sadly as they are really nice) but I think you've bought a nice looking car so enjoy!

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping,

Re:Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156021

Each to their own Adam. I'm a happy bunny and I it really is a lovely car in the flesh. As you say not original, but I'm not a tan interior man anyway so I was aware when choosing a car that there may be more than a little compromise. ;)

I wasn't saying it's not a nice car - it certainly is! Was suggesting some bargaining power as you are at the higher end of the price range after all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping,

Re:Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156050

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Get what you pay for I hope! ;) Btw what is that dash and door card colour? Is it grey or tan? Looking on ebay for nicer door card replacements.....

Re:Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156053

ive been to paul deppers place a couple of times-he is a very experienced mg dealer,pleasent guy and i trust you have purchased a good honest car.........saw the car when i went up for my stainless pipes.............nice car :beer:
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Re:Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156054

Get what you pay for I hope! ;) Btw what is that dash and door card colour? Is it grey or tan? Looking on ebay for nicer door card replacements.....

A Sunstorm has pale grey interior door cards, dash, centre tunnel, cubby lid (should be grey leather) and T-Bar. The footwell triangle panels are black though for some reason.

Re:Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156055

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Cheers buddy. It's all about to become black. Grey is for Jap stuff that accountants drive! ;)

Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156100

Hi LL,

I was lookling in the MGF model evolution section of the forum (http://www.the-t-bar.com/mgf-model-evolution) and this what is says about the Sunstorm:

SunStorm LE
Based upon the TF 135 and 160 variants.
Limited production run of 500. Offered in three body colour options - Raven Black, Nightfire Red and Starlight Silver. The standard-fit body-coloured hardtop is complemented by a Smokestone coloured interior and Gunsmoke Alcantara/ black leather seats, leather steering wheel, 'Momo' leather and alloy gear knob and a single slot CD tuner. The specification includes a black hood, bright pack, 16" 11-spoke alloy wheels and MG/AP Racing disc brakes as part of standard specification sportspack 2, front fog lamps and body coloured electric door mirrors. The Sunstorm SE is available with a choice of engines with three power outputs 115, 135 or 160Ps.

So we know your seats are not standard but the 'Smokestone' plastic is quite rare so if it were me I'd be inclined to keep it. If you wanted to you could change the seats fairly cheaply to alcantara - there are several pairs on eBay from £80 upwards - which would restore your spec and possibly add value to your LE in the long run. Just a thought...

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156108

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Richard,

Thanks for the info. Very informative. Must confess that it's the seats that I love, and the grey that I dislike! Not at all a fan of the grey/black alcantara seats tbh. Was thinking of just changing the door cards to TF ones and getting the door card inserts to match the seats. Then I think I will keep the rest. Don't suppose that you happen to know what the seat fabric is called do you? Cheers folks

Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156112

What fornt breaks does it have?

Back into the TF fold... 9 years 2 months ago #156155

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi there?

Do you mean the front brakes? Not too clued up-but looks the same as the 160 set up with the ap calipers?? Someone expereienced will be here soon to tell you! ;)

What fornt breaks does it have?

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT