Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106619

:welcome: Hope you enjoy yer new car...wise choice...you will never want to owe another car now you have turned down the MG route ;)

So I understand, i was put onto her by one of my clients who owns 6 MGs himself, mostly older ones, but he has a matching TF to this one with 10,500 miles on the clock. The guy i bought it from has 7!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106621

Welcome.

I see on another thread that you've signed up with MGoT - good move I try to do three track days a year with them, in fact I'm off to Silverstone at the end of the month.

When the time comes for engine mapping, I'd recommend Z and F Tuning . Mark worked for MG Rover on the original maps for the car so he knows what he's doing. In fact the picture on the main page of his website, the one of a laptop on a car seat is my TF.

I've also fiddled about with my suspension but not had a dry track day since, so hopefully if Silverstone is a good day I'll be able to compare to how it felt last year.

I've had Z and F recomended to me already so they must be the boys, where are they?

What suspension stuff did you do?

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106622

The number plate is good also MG V [ V C ] TF
The fisrt mod I would do [ as i also have a 160 ] is the back box. Try and get a real though flow one, you will feel the extra torque

Any suggestions as to which one is best?

Plate came with the car B)

Uh oh, now you've gone and done it ......... Let the exhaust wars commence B)

There are quite a few and it really depends on what you want. The best advice is to get along to a meet and see what you like the sound of. I'm sure they all give some power benefits but I don't expect that back box alone will give you much, so I'd recommend going for the sound you like.

The TT's are too loud for my taste
The MGOC supersports was too quiet
I have a Daytona

But then there is

Blueflame
Scorpian
Miltek

and probably more I've forgotten about.

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106625

I've had Z and F recomended to me already so they must be the boys, where are they?

Z and F are in Warwick but often turn up at the bigger meets. They may even be at Pride of Longbridge in April.

As for suspension, I have X-Power springs (about 20mm lower) and Spax adjustable shocks - 28 clicks of adjustment, I use 12 clicks on the road and 20-24 on the track.

But then you'll want lightweight wheels, lightened flywheels, and then start to think about an uprated clutch, seam welding your subframes and before you know it you'll end up constantly saving for the next upgrade :(

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106626

:welcome2:
David
:shrug:

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106627

At least there is only one option with my bike - Termignoni B) is the only way to go B)

I think that getting the breathing of the engine right will be the way to go to start with, then the exhaust, then the chipping.

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106628

Z and F are in Warwick but often turn up at the bigger meets. They may even be at Pride of Longbridge in April.

As for suspension, I have X-Power springs (about 20mm lower) and Spax adjustable shocks - 28 clicks of adjustment, I use 12 clicks on the road and 20-24 on the track.

But then you'll want lightweight wheels, lightened flywheels, and then start to think about an uprated clutch, seam welding your subframes and before you know it you'll end up constantly saving for the next upgrade :(

Ouch sounds expensive, but as long as the wife doesnt find out then... :whistle:

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106643

yummy car welcome to the site hope you enjoy the car and the site :welcome:

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106759

Nice looking car.... B)

As for mods for the track... Plenty of options out there... But as a start I'd suggest drive it on the track and see how she feels

Allan
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106766

:welcome:

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106767

hi :welcome: :welcome:
[IMG]ht[/img]

Hello and here's my car 11 years 1 month ago #106790

Welcome chappio :)

Thats a really nice looking car!
Exhaust-wse there is MIJ in Walsall too - custom make you a backbox to your requested volume and tone and fit all in about 2 hours. Choice of finishers too. More than a TT but less than a Daytona price-wise.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT