Sign In   Register

Topic

Banger to track car 11 years 1 month ago #112457

Haven't got round to doing the wheel adaptors yet as I needed a metal cutting disc to cut down the bolts, but I have it now.

In the meantime I got my tf t-bar in. Unfortunately there was no speaker wire so had to get some of that and wiggle it through, but it all works now.

I've swapped one of the seats over to the leather and changed one doorcard, with a new speaker but no time for the other yet so only one seat to allow access for me to crawl in under the dash and change the heater resistors. If only I could find my soldering iron. I might just send it off to rezpax and be done with it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Banger to track car 11 years 1 month ago #112516

Have you considered lowering the seats?

VHS will lower the seats by 20mm.. for a price

Lower seating postion ideal for the track
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Banger to track car 11 years 1 month ago #112708

I think my old seats must have been knackered as im not sure I will fit in with a crash helmet on any more!

Banger to track car 11 years 1 month ago #112710

B & g do some springs for £12 , lower the seats by 12mm and look easy to fit.

Banger to track car 11 years 1 month ago #112713

Quick search shows that there are apparently 10mm spacers that can be ground off the front of the seats too.

Banger to track car 11 years 1 month ago #112718

That is why mine was named The Flying Pig, my wife said the "pigs might fly before it is finished"!!!! only took 5 years, bought it December 2007 and finished and back on the road on 01 December 2012 :woohoo: Mind you I have owned the MGBGT since May 2002 and its still in the garage, It is quite warm and dry though.

Herewith a picture, She is called "Yellow Peril"

Banger to track car 11 years 4 weeks ago #113518

Off work sick today, so the wife says to me as she leaves with the kids "no playing on the car". So I swapped the leather seat out again as I wasn't happy with the rusty bracket and finally got to use my angle grinder that has say in the garage since I bought it. Cool! Never used anything that produced so many sparks before! So now my seats are just a little bit lower and the brackets are painted.

Also cleaned up my new Spax dampers. Two of the adjusters were seized when I got them, but I've managed to free one of them. Gave them a degrease, bit of a wire brush and some hammerite. Just waiting on some info about bushes for them.
I was wondering, how should they react when the piston is pushed/ pulled?

Last edit: Post by Nobrainer.

Banger to track car 11 years 4 weeks ago #113524

They should resist pushing and pulling, it should be reasonably easy at lowest setting, getting progressively stiffer as you turn up the setting.
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nobrainer

Banger to track car 11 years 2 weeks ago #115089

Spent the afternoon putting the MS wheel adaptors onto the car. Only had time to do the rears before the kids came home. Unfortunately the Compos I have need a centre adaptor to fit so the old wheels had to go back on. The adaptors do give a slightly wider stance which is nice.

Here are the compos and my old BRM Cosmos, which fit fine.

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT