Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Hood velcro 10 months 2 weeks ago #202853

• RMcB's Avatar Topic Author
  • RMcB
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
I'm a new TF owner, and still finding my way with what's normal, and what's a 'special feature' of my own car.
It has these velcro tabs, one on each side on the hood, above each side window. What am I supposed to be doing with them?
My hood has a glass window, and I've been told (not confirmed) that it's a pretty good replacement hood by MGF Mania?!
Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: Added pic

Hood velcro 10 months 2 weeks ago #202854

I don't have those on my hood, if there is no obvious use I would just tuck them out of the way. Just in case it becomes apparent they have a specific task for your hood. They may be used for when the hood is folded down! Sorry its not much help, but I'm sure others will have the "Gold Plated" answer.

Hood velcro 10 months 1 week ago #202898

If you go on you tube and put in mgf mania there is a vid showing how to fit one of their hoods (with glass HRW), hopefully if you watch it all may become clear, because it appears none of us on here know!

Re:Hood velcro 10 months 1 week ago #202899

One side of the velcro was originally glued to the hood rail, the other to the hood, the idea was to keep the hoo material in place when it folded, originally some of the hood wad also glued to the rails although over the years this has most likely given way.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Re:Hood velcro 10 months 1 week ago #202903

I was hoping it might be to hang your umbrella from.

Hood velcro 10 months 1 week ago #202929

That would be very John Steed
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT