Sign In   Register

Topic

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180474

I was offered a lift home from work in a colleagues reliant Robin. ..he had motorbikes and this mustard colour Robin. ..give you a lift he said...I replied no I'm all right. ..thinking I can't be seen in that it was uncool....goon he said you will be home in a jiffy...funny that was his knick name has he used the word all the time...we were the first out of the factory and I said go on then...the pig fired up but kept stalling...it won't run right till she's warmed up he said...4 more attempts of starting and the whole factory had gone home...eventually it went down the road jerking has jiffy adjusted the choke ...the humming of the transmission reminded me of being in a old tram....seeing people I knew I leaned forward with my head down pretending to tie my shoe lace....how I laugh at this now and would like a drive in one just for a laugh./fun factor.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180475

nice one, reminds me of only fools and horses,

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180476

Attachments:

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180477

ha ha ha ha ha nice one

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180478

Jiffy even had a plastic pig glued to his dashboard...it wasn't stuck on with any finesse...it was like the glue was oozing out of the pig...my dad commented your later than usual!.....yeah had a lift in one of those 3 wheelers...I chuckled has he looked at me with a vacant stare.

Jiffy had commented the pig needed a crypton tune...my thoughts were that it needed a engine overhaul.
Attachments:

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180479

the only thing missing is the wings, (they say pigs can fly).........................

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180480

Pigs can fly for a short while...top gear made this space shuttle from a robin...

Attachments:

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180481

that's what happened to reliant ha,

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180482

Yeah after the robin shuttle project failed ...the curtains finally closed when the British army turned down this robin for a replacement for the land rover.

But I must say..I would of loved a lift home in one of them.
Attachments:

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180483

omg I would have one of those shut the street up. if they complain I can just shoot them all.

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180485

One of my dads friends was a co-owner, with his brothers, of a local Honda & MZ motorcycle dealership and they also did Robins, my mum didn't like him.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Who can remember/do... 6 years 7 months ago #180487

looks like she had a sixth sense, clever lady.

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT