Sign In   Register

Topic

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #174993

Hello again,
Anyone of you good fellows, (and good ladies I'm sure) fitted non Mg mud flaps to a 2005 MgTF. I am wanting a set and just cannot at the moment justify spending a lot of money on original MG flaps even second hand ones are expensive.
There are far cheaper mud flaps available on the likes of Ebay which I am willing to try, but just thought I would run it past you guys first.
I have a set on the F which I bought second hand for £15.00 a year ago, what a bargain they were.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #174994

Genuine ones are moulded to fit.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #174995

I would go for the genuine ones .....havent got any on my tf.....been thinking if there worth putting on or do they just help the arches rot where they attach...below are some flaps on ebay..
Mudflaps to fit MG ZR , ZS , ZT, MGF, MGFT, MGZR, MGZS, MGZT Mud Flaps RED
Buy It Now

MG TF REAR MUDFLAPS SET OF 2 FITS ALL MGTF MODELS "NEW" INCL.FITTING KIT UK CO.
Buy It Now
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #175004

I would go for the genuine ones .....havent got any on my tf.....been thinking if there worth putting on or do they just help the arches rot where they attach...below are some flaps on ebay..
Mudflaps to fit MG ZR , ZS , ZT, MGF, MGFT, MGZR, MGZS, MGZT Mud Flaps RED
Buy It Now

MG TF REAR MUDFLAPS SET OF 2 FITS ALL MGTF MODELS "NEW" INCL.FITTING KIT UK CO.
Buy It Now

If you mount the flaps with sealant between the flaps and the arches it should help against corrosion if anything.
Just the goddam speedbumps we have to navigate will probably take them out eventually.
Mr Bluestreak will know just how vicious those ones are on Uttoxeter retail park!

Sundance

Last edit: Post by SundanceUK.

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #175007

on my visit to uttoxeter last year i hit the mother of all speed bumps on a little indusrial estate....is it bramshall?....had to look underneath....think it caught the towing eye?

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #175009

Thanks chaps, I guess I will go for the original ones they do look better on the car, anyway I still have thirty quid Christmas present money left, my daughter got me a voucher for Marks and Spencer's so I swapped it for cash off the wife. I think she wanted me to buy a cardigan with it to go with the new slippers.

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #175010

I think i will avoid buying some mudflaps for now and just keep avoiding the mud.. ;)

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #175014

listen to these boys they know their stuff and if they think it's not right they will tell you :wave:
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #175029

Yes, These weather makes a right mess of the body work, forever having to clean the car :woowoo:
Mud flaps = a must :drive:
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #175036

I had a set of four on my old vvc 'F and have a pair of rears fitted to the wifes 'F which cost a whole £2 from our local scrapyard.

I think they make the rear look more finished with them on.

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #175038

I'd recommend removing them regularly and hose out the accumulated mud and then refit and seal.
The could be renamed mud traps :rant:

Mudflaps 7 years 3 months ago #175039

I've bought a set twice and sold them on without fitting.I just think they would make the front arches rust faster than they already do. :omg:

I do like the way they make the car look though :broon:

Time to create page: 2.549 seconds