Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172908

Wonder if you could offer me some advice?

I park my beloved F in a rented garage at the rear of my house. for the past 12 months a new neighbour has been parking their cars and even visitors cars opposite my garage making entering and exiting extremely difficult and sometimes impossible.

They park 3 cars on the car park. 2 of which have no tax or MOT and 1 of those is driven on the publi highway.

I have tried to compromise with them in trying to indicate to park their cars in such a way that although access is difficult I can still get out, since then they have taken a green Jaguar out of the garage and parked it on the car park.
Their attitude is they pay more rent on their house than my garage.
They can park anywhere they like.
I can come round and ask them to move their car anytime, but i have done this on 4 occasions been verbally abused once, argument once (that I had to wait as they wer going to hoover the car) and twice no answer.
Got loads of pics of my access being blocked
So in a nutshell any advice?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172909

citezens advice bureo :yesnod:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172910

Maybe your landlord could help if its the same one, or local council? Finally your community police officer, especially if you have been verbally abused or threatened

Sundance
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172911

I had this problem a few years back when a woman over the road insisted on parking up my garage, I couldn't even open the door. She would say "Oh I was just dropping my shopping off and forgot to move it when I'd done."

So, I left it the next time.. Then banged her door at 5:30 in the morning when I had to go to work and couldn't get my car out of the garage. She wasn't happy and started gobbing off about how I'd woke her kids up.. I told her that I could always call the clampers if she'd prefer that, including the cost of my 25 mile taxi ride to work.

It never happened again. :woohoo:

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172916

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Find out if the car park is public or private land. If it is public then get on the DVLA website and shop them for not having tax.

Might not help with parking, but it would make me feel better.

I've just done it locally. Someone had 7 cars and were parking them in such a way around a junction that it was getting difficult to get in and out of the estate. Checked their registrations on the DVLA site and found that they weren't taxed. Reported them and the junction is now strangely clear.

I'm sure that a garage, if built with planning permission, has a right of access.

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172917

I agree with cjj, find out if it's private land or public. If public shop them to the dvla. If they're not taxed and mot'd odds on they're not insured either. Scum like that really p me off because it increases cost for the rest of us law abiding citizens.

I'd also have a word with the police if you've been verbally abused because that's only going to go one way I suspect.

Good luck!
Robin ;)

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172927

I'd use a battery drill to put self drilling tek screws in their tyres.........but subtlety has never been my strong point! :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: SundanceUK

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172939

Well I have contacted my local PCSO totally useless.

Contacted the main police, they do not know whether land is private or not and are saying they will pull the van over if they see it on the highway! So usless.... tried explaining the van is clearly on a highway when it isnt on the car park still they dont seem interested.

As for the parking they have told me to contact whoever owns the car park,, as I say police useless.

The land is I am 99% sure council as all the houses were council and the garages are council who I rent off.
I have found out today the name and address of the person who owns the house they rent so my next step is to write to them.

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172943

I'd use a battery drill to put self drilling tek screws in their tyres....... :bust:

Timco Roofing Screws | Self Drilling Hex Head | TEK HEAVY Section Steel 100 box
Buy It Now

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172944

cant stand for a scenario when somebody says ....just come and give us a knock if its in your way.........i will only be a minute.........my last house a new owner moved in oposite and although there was plenty of parking around.......a visitor of thiers parked in front of my drive on several occasions........i did not want to go out at the time .....but in a nut shell you get pissed off with idiots..........so i told the lady......your blocking my drive..........she leapt out of her car and said ,,,,i will only be a moment.......knock on 38 if you need me to shift it...........so i did........and the reply was...ill be across in a sec..........this wasnt just one incident.....so action was taken...she only had to reverse a few yards.....but i suspect she wanted to be a chav....on arriving home in my works pick up...i could not enter my drive........i reversed my iveco turbo daily within 2 inches of her front bumper and then asked my mate next door to do the same with his horsebox 2 inches from her rear bumper.bare in mind my iveco was long as hell and the fright rover horse box was able to park behind meant she was taking the piss.........we then went in my house for a cuppa and sure enough there was a loud knocking on the door.........allright i said.......she chanted can you move that truck i need to get out.......yes no problem,be with you in a sec......shut the door and put the kettle on.....we sat down for another cup of tea and halfway through it another knock on the door.......this time it was the guy from across the road who she was visiting.........move the truck mate we need to get out........yes sure i said....ill just go get my keys......we finished our cuppa and a packet of those lovely shortcake biscuits knowing thier faces had changed to gas mark 7..........i moved the truck after 5 minutes........and they sped off......and that was the end of that......clear drive ...not blocked by them again..... :wave:
The following user(s) said Thank You: coxy134

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172946

Pretty much exactly the same response I have had. Trouble is if I bloke them in I create problems for others using the car park.

A little advice 7 years 6 months ago #172947

We've had issues with a neighbour, several of us have reported him to the police and he seems to have stopped.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.098 seconds