Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169483

Just broke the whip part on my aerial by leaning over the car :doh: can anyone recommend a good replacement. :(

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169484

Just broke the whip part on my aerial by leaning over the car :doh: can anyone recommend a good replacement. :(

I did the same a few years back Gerry. I tried the bee-sting aerial and it would only pick up the local stations that had a stronger signal. Don't be fooled by those. In the end, I bought another whip antennae from another member here. :)

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169485

I did look at those but I'll give the a miss now, thanks for the tip

Gerry.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169486

If you can extract the broken threaded part from the base, you can buy replacement masts from the likes of Halfords. :pop:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169487

Hi David,

I Have know problem with threaded part as I can still unscrew this its only the whip part I broke, was in hurry to remove the tonneau cover as it started to rain, I'll maybe take a look at Halfords :yesnod:

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169488

Broke mine taking off my roll hoops and replaced it with an ebay one.Slightly smaller but almost like the oe original.
MG TF Replacement Front Roof Car Radio Aerial Arial Whip Mast Antenna
Completed
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Gerry.laing

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169493

Cheers Bob, just ordered, :beer:

Gerry,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Bob

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169495

I broke mine a month back and bought an e-bay one, slightly shorter by about 4 inches and because its not the correct length, it does not pick up the FM wavelengths as good as the original. I will be replacing mine with an OEM one next time I pay MGFnTFBitz a visit.

Sundance

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169496

i needed a replacement whip for my tf....came about i part exchanged my 2011 renault megane against another car...so i did not let the dealers have the whip....fitted it to the tf....everything ok :P......had tried one of those colour coded 4 inch ones off ebay.......has said in another post it only recieved radio 4 :P

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169500

Invalid or non-existent item ID.I got a bee sting that extends - looks cool most of the time but picks up a signal...

Wasn't this one but similar:

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169550

Invalid or non-existent item ID.I got 2 of these and put them at the top of the windscreen coming from each A pillar. Joined them with an aerial splitter and it seems to be working ok. Car is still in the warehouse in work, going back on the road on friday. Seems to have picked up all the FM stations in there.

Last edit: Post by Stekelly.

Aerial 7 years 10 months ago #169587

Hi Guys,

I bust my aerial some years ago by fitting the Jersey flag during one of our Spring rallies. Not a problem until I went over 30mph. To repair it I soldered in 1/8 piano wire and painted it. You can get piano wire (music wire - USA) at any good model shop. As well as cutting it to any length to suit, I can always slip a flag on without risk of another broken aerial.

Just my pennyworth.

willyphixitt

• Page:
Time to create page: 2.712 seconds