Sign In   Register

Topic

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 1 week ago #157928

Are the rear lights morrette style or are they just light masks??

I like the look of them

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF refurb Colour opinions 9 years 1 week ago #157953

Are the rear lights morrette style or are they just light masks??

I like the look of them

They look like Mike Satur quads.

I like it that you've gone for the black windscreen surround, I much prefer it to the body coloured surround which is what my 'Mk2' has. However, I'm getting some paint discolouration fixed next week and the guy is going to paint the surround gloss black. I'm havering about the mirror covers - I think I'll go for gloss black too so that everything above the glass line is black - what are you going to do?

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

MGF refurb Colour opinions 8 years 11 months ago #158419

Yes the lights are fully moulded with fiat coupe rear lens.
The underbody & all mechanical work is now completed,the colour is starting to show a bit more with the weather improving.
The brakes are all bled up so it is nice to pull out the garage without just using the handbrake to stop.

The new roof is ls fitted.
It is rare to find a complete new roof with frame,especially with the OE support straps for the heated rear screen,and genuine heated rear screen loom with new cantrail seals also.

I have some hid upgraded lights to fit as pictured fitted to another one of my mgf in picture,hence i have not refitted the front bumper as yet.

Still have the interior to refit but on the overall scale of things the end product is near.
I could not find them number plate lights i have plenty of used but as usual the screws that old the lens are corroded so i bought some new ones from x part.

Attachments:

MGF refurb Colour opinions 8 years 10 months ago #159579

12 months on it is near completion,i have been working away,and currently struggling with a knee injury so time as been difficult to find however i managed a day working on it yesterday .Finally got some brand new Oe clear indicators for the bumper which are becoming harder to find brand new..
Some finishing tidying up to do,still deciding if i fancy the trophy rear spoiler refitted I did replace the old boot lid with holes for rear spoiler when resprayed to keep my options open.

Attachments:

MGF refurb Colour opinions 8 years 10 months ago #159580

Looks very nice :broon:

WHALE OIL BEEF HOOKED

(THE ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS ANDY THE TYRE MAN)

MGF refurb Colour opinions 8 years 10 months ago #159582

Looks very nice :broon:

+1 on that, very original.

MGF refurb Colour opinions 8 years 8 months ago #161341

The interior going back in today.stripped the floor pans down to bare metal and repainted yesterday.

Attachments:

MGF refurb Colour opinions 8 years 8 months ago #161342

Carpets and centre console back in this morning.Nice to have all the electrics working again.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, talkingcars

MGF refurb Colour opinions 7 years 10 months ago #169026

Fitted a M Satur quickshift this morning, after making a rare journey and the first major distance since rebuild,travelling down the A5 to MG live silverstone last weekend I decided quickly the LE500 plastic ball and socket gearshift selector at to go.

Had to revert to fitting the old MG rover gear selector cables which is a bit labour time intensive,the nanjing cables are only designed for the nanjing gear selector,hence they do not work with MG Built Rover MGF MGTFS and Saturs Quickshift.

In hindsight should of fitted this quick shift during rebuild,however after fitting and testing on road this afternoon i am very impressed,well worth the money.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

MGF refurb Colour opinions 7 years 10 months ago #169028

Love the colour of your car :broon:

MGF refurb Colour opinions 7 years 10 months ago #169029

Due to a very minor leak on one of the driveshaft gearbox seals,i presume the seal got pinched when the transmission got rebuilt in subframe,ocd kicked in new seals fitted on both sides this morning also with brand new unused driveshafts,cv joints,reluctor rings and 4 brand new Oe Bosch abs sensors.

Attachments:

MGF refurb Colour opinions 7 years 10 months ago #169030

Love the colour of your car :broon:

Thank you,more recent pictures as the pictures posted previously was mostly taken during autumn winter seasons,naturally the sun shows it in a different light.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT