Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146067

OK so I am looking to replace my head gasket, the steam out of the exhaust was the clue to failure!

My normal, local garage that does my MOTs wants £550 for replacement of gasket and cam belt + water pump. :coat:

I have spoken to http://www.mg-rovermobilemechanics.com/ up in Derby, who can travel to Norwich to do the job for £360 + £100 if the head is dead. :woohoo:

Does anybody have any knowledge of these guys, hopefully good, or otherwise? :-?

If I am to resurrect the F unfortunately it will be on a tight budget so I am looking for that value/cost balance.

Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146073

I have heard that Trading Standards are taking action against them, contact Russell Walsh of MG Rover Solutions www.mgroversolutions.com He will come to you and is a first rate mechanic, fully MG Rover trained, honest and very competitive. I would not let anyone else touch my MGF (apart from me) others on this forum would agree. :hgf:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mickle5

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146075

I used them on Wednesday and had no problem what so ever, but then again I wasn't having a head gasket done. I have "heard" lots of things, but I wouldn't post them unless I knew them to be true, shame other people think otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mickle5, **Kayleigh**

Last edit: Post by Denial.

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146080

Bryan - Well, that's news to me. I've had 1 complaint recently about one of my staff which was not correct, as the customer did not pay any attention to what was said to him when given an outline of the work we do & pricing (this is all discussed prior to work starting).
There's always one who likes to try it on I suppose...

To the OP : I can assure you that we are not being investigated by TS. If you ask on Facebook or Google us, you will see that we are a highly regarded company with a massive bulk of good feedback. We offer a genuine warranty on all of our work and also do work for warranty companies, mg garages, and have also just become a support vehicle for abroad mg touring.

I do not dispute that there will be the odd customer who is not happy, but that's business. Every company has happy and unhappy customers. You cannot please everyone albeit we do try! :-)
"Don't change yourself to make other people happy, If they don't like you for who you already are, then they don't deserve you at all."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mickle5

Last edit: Post by **Kayleigh**.

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146083

I have had a head gasket replacement and a subframe swap carried out by Kayleigh and Daves company and had no problems at all.
As to putting into print defamatory statements on the basis of I have heard so and so people really should know better.

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146092

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Russell of mgroversolutions is a site sponsor and has all ways been highly regarded and thus is the recommended contact for this forum

Bryan please stick to facts rather than hearsay when posting on an public forum

Kayleigh - are you happy to leave this thread and your response as is

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146100

Yes, i am happy for people to be able to post feedback as requested by the original poster if they wish to do so & as some have already.
"Don't change yourself to make other people happy, If they don't like you for who you already are, then they don't deserve you at all."

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 9 months ago #146119

I'm with Kayleigh on this.. I too run a business (not cars) and keeping everyone happy all of the time all of the time is impossible.. Some people.. Despite having a perfect job done.. And no actual issues.. Will still moan..

Without being biased.. Or taking sides.. As with any 'shopping' we do.. I'd look for:

How long the company has been established

Look at previous work done or speak to the person directly that had the work done

Find out what the terms/conditions are of guarantee

Rumour/hearsay and gossip do no one any favours

The only 'mobile mechanic' I know of that's been taken to court and has/is being investigated by Trading Standards is the guy with multiple identities/company names in Dorset.. Who also claimed to be fully 'Rover qualified'.. But submitted no evidence in court to prove he was..

Loads of people listen to 'apparently'' without knowing the real facts..
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Last edit: Post by Diesel Destroyer.

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 9 months ago #146148

I recently used mg-rovermobilemechanics.com to replace the cam belt, tensioners and water pump on my F. I have nothing but praise for them. The guy who came to me, Dan, was very knowledgeable and helpful. As I am unsure if and when the HG was changed, he checked every thing out and gave the engine a clean bill of health. I took the car to Cornwall last weekend, the longest trip I have done in her, and she was perfect both ways.(Approx 150 miles each way)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, bensewell, Mickle5, **Kayleigh**

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 9 months ago #146179

I to have used mg-rover mobile mechanics to do my HG & auxilliary work.
They did a first class job, despite the inclement weather & I recommend them.
Still waiting for a receipt though, Kayleigh.

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 9 months ago #146190

My apologies,

I have sent you a private message for some info regarding your invoice so that i can sort this for you. And thank you for your feedback. :)

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 9 months ago #146230

Hi Kayleigh,

I was looking at your website and the 'operating within a 500 mile radius of Derby' photo caption caught my eye (I'm north of Inverness!) then I read the bit about:

'and travel within a 500 mile round trip radius to complete jobs at your home or work address for the price of the work and fuel costs. '

Which has confused me a bit asa that sounds more like a 250 mile radius. It's not that I'm after any work to be done at the moment but I do like to know what my options are and I guess you can be fairly flexible anyway?

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT