Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146233

Hi, yes, we stipulate travel within a 500 mile round trip radius, 250 miles each way, however, we do try to help everyone and have over done that mileage radius on a number of occasions, we've travelled to the isle of wight, dundee, etc, so would be willing to travel to Inverness if we were ever needed. :)
I think it's time i got the website updated and adjusted our stipulated mileage :)
I have a mechanic based in Somerset, who tends to cover the bottom and middle of the uk, which gives us (based in derby) plenty of chance to cover the middle and top of the uk. x
"Don't change yourself to make other people happy, If they don't like you for who you already are, then they don't deserve you at all."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blow-in

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146234

Thanks Kayleigh for the clarification on mileage. I think if you said '500 mile round trip' without the word 'radius' it would be unambigious.

Your posted prices seem very reasonable to me. I will need to do a cambelt change fairly soon. I have all the bits (belts, tensioner, waterpump) and plan to have a go myself but my main problem is a lack of decent working space (a problem shared by many others on this forum) which means a car in bits in the weather if the job becomes protracted. As a result I keep putting more major jobs off. I travel down to Lincolnshire 2 or 3 times each year so I may just decide to take a break in Derbyshire on the way down to allow some work to be done...I'll contact you in loads of time if this proves to be the case.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
The following user(s) said Thank You: **Kayleigh**

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146269

That's no problem at all. You can contact us via the numbers on the website if need be and will do our best to accommodate any work required, if you need us :)
"Don't change yourself to make other people happy, If they don't like you for who you already are, then they don't deserve you at all."

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146283

• KentJohn
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • Rediscovering driving
Just a quick post to recommend Russell Walsh (MG Rover Solutions) to you. He seems to cover the south of the Country by which I include everything south of Manchester / Hull!
He will only charge you for work that needs doing, and has an impeccable track record. I have found him to be an excellent diagnostician - rather than someone who just changes parts over until they find a cure for your particular problem! I cannot recommend him highly enough. :yesnod:

John
Life is not a rehearsal - carpe diem!
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, Mickle5

Mobile mechanic feed back (if you have any) 9 years 10 months ago #146286

Hi Kayleigh,

I was looking at your website and the 'operating within a 500 mile radius of Derby' photo caption caught my eye (I'm north of Inverness!) then I read the bit about:

'and travel within a 500 mile round trip radius to complete jobs at your home or work address for the price of the work and fuel costs. '

Which has confused me a bit asa that sounds more like a 250 mile radius. It's not that I'm after any work to be done at the moment but I do like to know what my options are and I guess you can be fairly flexible anyway?

Richard

Maybe if you throw in a stay at the local B&B and some tatties and bashed neeps?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT