Sign In   Register

Topic

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153245

Lumpy tickover could be damaged/ worn valves.

I hope not as Russell replaced the head! Plus he reseated one of the cylinder liners as it was wonky (we think from factory).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153246

Why don't you talk to Russell, he'll have all the T4 paperwork?

Good idea - will do!

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153629

I've started putting together a set based on my own car's outputs (1998 Mk1 VVC - MEMS2J). These may or may not be correct of course but at least I'll have a datum point for comparison in future.

I haven't captured everything yet as I have a few connection issues when the engine is running but I'm getting there. There are also a few parameters I don't understand and some I'd still like proper reference values for.

I have the results as an Excel file and pdf (attached). I can't attach the Excel file - probably for security reasons - but if anyone wants it, just PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you.

File Attachment:

File Name: ReferenceO...lues.pdf
File Size:41 KB
Robin ;)
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153630

I didn't get a reply from Russell on Facebook chat - I'll email him.

My ambient air temp is 139 degrees which suggests it's got a fault on the circuit I guess... oh well engine cover off this weekend methinks!

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153631

My ambient air temp does increase as the engine warms up but I haven't seen the engine fan coming on yet which is a touch worrying.

On the bright side, whatever I've done in my fiddling about, the radiator fan now does come on at about 102 degrees. I think it was changing the relay that did it. Still haven't got a sensible reading on my water temp gauge though. Probably the sensor or connection to it I suspect. Will have to have another go at that.

I hope Russell does get back to you and he has the values we're looking for.
Robin ;)

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153633

Fingers crossed he does soon.

I don't think my 139 degrees can be a relay as if I unplug the sensor the engine fan comes on, so it's being powered. I've also changed the sensor and it's still the same - so I suspect the wiring. Sigh.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT