Sign In   Register

Topic

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145579

This is GREAT news and pretty cheap if you just on board quick!

Diagnostic tool for Rover and MG cars

Apparently it's been demo'd to some MG owners already.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145580

This certainly does sound good news. Did anyone attend either of the demos today and can give feedback?

I have a Chinese knock off T300+ and while this is great for programming key fobs and reading out basic info I'm not convinced of its accuracy. For example the rpm reading seems to jump in 256 rpm chunks which suggests to me that the programming or chip architecture is not totally right.

Am iright in thinking that purchasing the kit would require a pledge of £125 or more?

One final thought, this is genuine and not a scam? I have to ask because of all the other semi plausible (less plausible than this to be fair) schemes on the wunderweb and it's my suspicious nature coming to the fore.. Ignore this, just read the trail on the mg register forum.
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145581

'Fatbaldingoldgit ' posted over on .org that he'd been to a demo in a McD's car park.... no doubt he'll update us at some point.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145593

I'm in :yesnod:
Robin ;)

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145613

I've asked if he'll consider shipping to Oz at my expense, if he will, I'll be in, as in all likelihood there will be others I'm sure.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145633

OK, I got a reply and he is prepared to send to outside of the UK at the investors' expense.
So come on you Aussies and other Johnie foreigners, have a look and give it some consideration!

One small problem the site won't let me invest as I'm from outside the UK, I've informed Philip of this problem and hopefully he can make the adjustment to the site to allow this.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145635

'Fatbaldingoldgit ' posted over on .org that he'd been to a demo in a McD's car park.... no doubt he'll update us at some point.

I was there...with a few others including Rob Bell and Andy Watson..

What a great piece of kit!...successfully logged onto my engine ECU, ABS ECU and Airbag ECU....found a few old engine fault codes and deleted them..all on a 2009 Chinese TF.

Then logged onto the engine ECU of my 2004 td4 Freelander 1 and deleted a fault code..

Seeing as how this can read old OBCD 2 non-compliant and OBCD 2 compliant ECUs it's going to be a godsend for vehicle maintenance....avoiding main dealers..

Andy's MG was suffering an engine fault code which couldn't be dealt with by a T300 or T4 IIRC....and Philip's device fixed it!...we even roped in a casual McDonalds visitor with his Lotus and if worked on that!

I've already pledged £125 for one of these..even though the current functionality and coverage is already quite comprehensive I am more interested in getting Philip to be able to reset the Service indicator....which can't currently be done with a T4 or by any of the mobile mechanics. He at least is motivated to do so but only if we can get the current functionality into production.

"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, cairnsys

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145637

What's the software interface like? T4 is a mish mash - with lots of toing and froing.. hopefully it's a bit more intuitive as its a lot newer!

If I didnt have bills this month I'd pledge as it really would be a great bit if kit! (might see if i can scrape the money together as £125 is cheap for that kit!)

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145638

I've sent a message to the guy producing this great new kit and asked him to come on over and post some details for us.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145641

I've sent a message to the guy producing this great new kit and asked him to come on over and post some details for us.

I've already asked him to check us out

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145642

Adam,

Here is a quick Youtube vid that Rob put together...

I am sure Philip will be only too delighted to post details later...have you visited his Kickstarter page?https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1701896026/diagnostic-tool-for-rover-and-mg-cars

..and yes the menu system is very, very simple... :yesnod: :yesnod:
"You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline – it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons but at the very least you need a beer"
- Frank Zappa

Last edit: Post by Fatbaldingoldgit.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 10 months ago #145647

What's the software interface like? T4 is a mish mash - with lots of toing and froing.. hopefully it's a bit more intuitive as its a lot newer!

Apparently you guys want me to spam yet another Rover / MG forum about my diagnostics tool B) Only joking...

If you go to the Kickstarter page here https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1701896026/diagnostic-tool-for-rover-and-mg-cars
at the top of the page if you click on the big picture it turns into a video.
If you watch the video you can see the whole process of connecting to an ECU and navigating the menus.
One failing is that it doesn't "autodetect" the ECUs in your car, but if it's for your own use you will quickly learn which ECUs your car has.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44, cairnsys, Cobber

Time to create page: 0.243 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT