Sign In   Register

Topic

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153191

I presume if we could get our hands on a T4 manual then maybe that would reference what is expected on the readings?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153192

Hmm.. doesn't help - found it!

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153196

That's a shame. I was hoping the the T4 textbook would have the answers...
Robin ;)

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153198

I guess it may have an accompanying 'code book' and reference settingsbut I can't find it to download - just the User Manual.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153202

I find it curious that the reading on the ambient sensor on the BMW is the same as the MG ie139 degrees
David
:shrug:

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153203

I can only assume there's something wrong with the wiring?

Something else weird happened earlier that I almost forgot about. Started him up after he was warm and a little cloud of what spelled like burning oil came from the engine compartment, out of the inspection area! Happened just the once and went away away in a second!

His engine does always 'smell' really hot though after being driven.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153206

OK so I haven't done much this week as I have had yet another cough and my mum went in to hospital (all ok now)... so yesterday I swapped my modified 48mm allot throttle body for a bog standard 48mm alloy one... and the hunting I've been getting is a LOT better.. slight wowing on and off. The engine still runs what I consider to be lumpy though on tickover despite me raising it to about 800 RPM.

I checked the error codes again and now have:

P0481 Cooling Fan 2 Control Circuit Malfunction
P0655 Engine Hot Lamp Output Control Circuit Malfunction
P1487 EGRCHK Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

The second cooling fan is fine as I don't have air-con, however the Solenoid one is new! I've erased them and will see what comes back. With the engine idling (slight wow up and down between 800 and 900 as far as i can tell)

The live data is now as follows:

So anyone know what's going on maybe? I changed the engine bay air temp sender and it still reads 139 degrees!

I am just about to free up Meg's alternator which is seized, bung some petrol in her and fire her up too... so I'll report back what I find there later!

It's also showing 130 degrees C for the fuel temp! obviously can't be right, even if the scale was fahrenheit it still equates to around 59 degrees C

Brian.

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153208

Q

OK so I haven't done much this week as I have had yet another cough and my mum went in to hospital (all ok now)... so yesterday I swapped my modified 48mm allot throttle body for a bog standard 48mm alloy one... and the hunting I've been getting is a LOT better.. slight wowing on and off. The engine still runs what I consider to be lumpy though on tickover despite me raising it to about 800 RPM.

I checked the error codes again and now have:

P0481 Cooling Fan 2 Control Circuit Malfunction
P0655 Engine Hot Lamp Output Control Circuit Malfunction
P1487 EGRCHK Solenoid Circuit Malfunction

The second cooling fan is fine as I don't have air-con, however the Solenoid one is new! I've erased them and will see what comes back. With the engine idling (slight wow up and down between 800 and 900 as far as i can tell)

The live data is now as follows:

So anyone know what's going on maybe? I changed the engine bay air temp sender and it still reads 139 degrees!

I am just about to free up Meg's alternator which is seized, bung some petrol in her and fire her up too... so I'll report back what I find there later!

It's also showing 130 degrees C for the fuel temp! obviously can't be right, even if the scale was fahrenheit it still equates to around 59 degrees C

Brian.

The fuel temp reading is a known anomaly. The F doesn't have a fuel temperature sensor but the software is reporting a spurious value. I think the decision has been taken to continue reporting whatever the software picks up. We will get to understand what is 'normal' for our cars.

But it would be MOST helpful to have reference table to compare readings against. Sorry for banging on about this...
Robin ;)

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153211

Why don't you talk to Russell, he'll have all the T4 paperwork?
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153212

Lumpy tickover could be damaged/ worn valves.
David

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153213

I can only assume there's something wrong with the wiring?

Something else weird happened earlier that I almost forgot about. Started him up after he was warm and a little cloud of what spelled like burning oil came from the engine compartment, out of the inspection area! Happened just the once and went away away in a second!

His engine does always 'smell' really hot though after being driven.

Slight oil leak somewhere getting on to the exhaust manifold?
David

Kickstart project for a Diagnostic tool 9 years 5 months ago #153218

Hello.
Would the Auto Data manuals/ reference books contain the base settings and parameters for the MEMS set up ?
I believe they do a range of manuals now including timing belt procedures as well as the original that used to give capacities, dwell angles, firing order etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT