Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117716

When we bought the F it came with a MG CD H/U that had no code, a pair of aftermarket tweeters hanging by their wires from the back of the dash, some after market speakers in the doors, a pair of cross overs under the consol and chopped up wiring.

The first job was to pop in my Kenwood KDC-W6537U

This is a very good unit which features iPod controls, CD changer input, Bluetooth via and adaptor and a very high level of audio control. It also has rear mounted USB and 3.5mm jack plugs which I have dropped into the passenger footwell for the time being. (the unit at the top of the picture is the Bluetooth add on that isn't yet fitted).

Next came a mk2 T-bar which involved adding the extra wiring required, at the same time I removed the tweeters and crossovers and fitted new ISO plugs at the front.

Next was a 6 disc auto-changer which sits behind the drivers seat. Most of my music is on CD still (and vinyl and tape) and one day I will get the transfer system in my man lab working so I can get it all on to MP3.

Then came mk2 door cards to match the alcantara seats which gave an opportunity for some door mounted tweeter, these came from a scrap yard ZR and the doors were rewired to suit, I also had to rewire the aftermarket main speakers to fit the correct loom (attention to unseen detail).

Finally this weekend I installed a Kenwood KSC-SW01 active underseat sub, there was a reasonable amount of bass from the speakers but this gives extra depth.

The control switch lives in the top section of the cubby hole so isn't in ya face but still easy to get to, unfortunately although the speaker fits under the seat it can be felt when sitting so I've velro'd it to the rear wall.

The very last piece of the jigsaw was the O/E MG ZS steering wheel remote switches which I fitted to the wheel in November but only wired up last night.

I am very happy with the set up, plenty loud enough and very clear, even when listening to Animals, you can even hear the sheep.

To come MAYBE the Bluetooth add on if the newer one becomes available at a justifiable cost to go in the ZS, an iPod dock if I get an iPod and maybe my Pure Highway DAB unit.

What set up have you got in your F/TF?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, Diesel Destroyer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117731

:pop:

Last edit: Post by really?.

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117737

We've got a Kenwood KDC-W3044 MP3/TUNER

I admit that although I wanted a reasonable unit, I was more concerned with the colour scheme matching the interior light scheme, :lol:
David
:shrug:
Attachments:

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117740

Ive got a Clarion head unit with built in bluetooth so i can play phone music wirelessly - bought off friend for £20 :)
I plugged the wired mic in a couple of weeks ago but havent really used - that just lives tucked down between console and drivers seat.
Pioneer speakers fitted by me which now only one works - think its caused by leaking drivers window which is perhaps same cause of drivers window not working. Wont replace speaker until i get window mech / seals sorted

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117746

You can all just stop it right now. I have a scabby old JVC POS which skips CD tracks at every bump in the road. I am staying out of Halfords for all I am worth. My wallet won't take another assault at the moment...
Ain't it funny, how time slips away...?

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117748

Stay out of Halfords Dave - instead buy online from say Amazon :p
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave Baird

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117753

I've got a JVC KD-R800 Bluetooth/iPod control headunit hooked up to a CDT Audio Component set in the front doors.

More details in my build thread in my sig...
stevecrx
'98 'F, BRG Poverty Spec Edition
Build Thread

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117754

what whiz said. caraudiodirect and caraudiosecurity are both good online stores for that sort of thing, i've used them both. :)

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117806

what whiz said. caraudiodirect and caraudiosecurity are both good online stores for that sort of thing, i've used them both. :)

So have I but the Kenwood DAB unit in my mk1 ZS came from Halfords as it was 10% cheaper than anyone else.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117820

My VVC came from Nippon with a Pioneer Carrozeria head unit and door speakers with crossovers.
I converted to Mk2 door cards and T-bar with NOS MGR tweeters in the doors and Retrosound 4x6 speakers in the T-bar. The sound is good but a sub would be nice.
I've never tried the CD player as I use an I-Pod on a Scorpion console mount. A very neat solution. :broon:

Not flash but it works well!

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117852

OK dumb question alert

whats the difference between an active and in active sub please??

All ICEd up. 10 years 11 months ago #117864

active has a built in amplifier :)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT