Sign In   Register

Topic

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 1 month ago #107204

Good to hear you are happy with the kit. How does it feel in driving compared to before?
Did you make the modifications as in the instructions (cutting the knucles shorter, cutting a slot in the covers to allow easier adjustment)? The cost is indeed high considering transport cost and customs duties.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 1 month ago #107208

The ride is -obviously- nothing comparable to what was before; now it's a car with a normal (and normal is good) suspension. I do feel more like each corner is now individual, but in all fairness i've never had the full hydragas experience; my pods were pretty hard from the moment i bought the car and just went downhill from there. In the end all of them were rock hard and one leaked. So having all that in mind i'm probably not a very reliable source for comparing the two.

I'm still in process of adjustment, just driving with 5 clicks for dampers while it all settles in but will try different little settings modifications with time. What i feel is the winning point is once again the fact that the system is dead simple, open, and adjustable in every respect; you can adjust the ride height and the dampers hardness. And it's that simplicity that makes it feel/look so solid. I have no fear (but this is nothing real of course because i have no idea if it'll last forever, it just looks like it) of losing any of the components, but even in the case that it should happen i suppose you could replace any of them individually.

In conclusion: to me problem of the suspension has now been put to rest.

I didn't do any of the modifications; it's a tight fit but i managed to install every corner with the original knuckles in place. I also adjusted to the recommended height before closing with the covers so didn't cut any slots in them. I found out during the installation that if you turn the bottom plate the top plate stays in place (but not the contrary) so in the case some small adjustments would be necessary i believe it'd be possible to do them without re-opening the covers, by turning the bottom plates that are visible underneath the covers. I suppose it's not exactly recommended as the bottom plate turns on the knuckle washer which then turns on the knuckle joint and so doing that indefinitely could probably use the joint some, but for a few turns here or there i'm not that worried.
MGF VVC Pack 1.8 145CV - 05/2001 - BRG (HFF) - Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS-D2 215/40 R16 82W F = 1.7 / R = 1.9

Re: Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 1 month ago #107253

That's good info, thanks.:)

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Tapatalk 2
David
:shrug:

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 1 month ago #107405

Sebastian,
Thank you for all the information regarding the kit.
It is really useful as I have to decide soon as well.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT