Sign In   Register

Topic

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #89786

• Visitor
  • Visitor
we have adjustable springs ready made for around £400 a complete set,they adjust and will fit as a direct replacement for the hydo pods.we rae just waiting for the red tape then we can sell them,they have been tested and approved we just need the last few bits of paper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #89791

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Losing a cm in alternating weather is not unusual..
Now I am no expert but have you checked the dampers are ok :-?
I found my F a hard ride compared to other cars I have owned, I had fitted the much debated on here Bilsteins and she drives as soft as anything now ..
She is pumped up to the recommended levels, not the normal low as possible, and yep she does look a bit 4x4 ish but I have no problems with speed bumps etc and that suits me fine ..

Just a thought

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #89798

In my case the suspension is at the correct height but still rock hard plus the time between needing a pump up has dropped dramatically with no signs of external fluid loss so I can only think some or all of the spheres have failed membranes.

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #89801

Losing a cm in alternating weather is not unusual..
Now I am no expert but have you checked the dampers are ok :-?

I'm not really worried about the loss of 1cm, although it being only one side would seem to me that something else than the weather is going on?

I thought about the dampers/hydragas combo and what to blame, and my reasoning was that if it were the dampers then it would rather be "loose" more than "stiff, no? The hydragas would still work to a certain extent and it would just be "bouncy" without the dampers to even out? I'm frankly very amateurish when it comes to mechanics but i was thinking that this feels like a suspension that is pumped to max and gives nothing when solicited.

Hence my reasoning for gone pods that are full of fluid now.

If i'm mistaken though then all the better. Maybe others could confirm?
MGF VVC Pack 1.8 145CV - 05/2001 - BRG (HFF) - Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS-D2 215/40 R16 82W F = 1.7 / R = 1.9

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #89803

In my case the suspension is at the correct height but still rock hard plus the time between needing a pump up has dropped dramatically with no signs of external fluid loss so I can only think some or all of the spheres have failed membranes.

This feels pretty much like my case.

Also, in all fairness, to continue with what i said in previous message, i was planning to replace all dampers at the same time.
MGF VVC Pack 1.8 145CV - 05/2001 - BRG (HFF) - Goodyear EAGLE F1 GS-D2 215/40 R16 82W F = 1.7 / R = 1.9

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #89804

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I am sure when I bought a second hand sphere last year it stated that it had been pressure tested :-?

I have to do my gas every year, I know people who do theirs twice a year, and other every 2/3 years :dry:

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #89814

The hydragas spheres are almost totally responsible for the ride. I believe the shocks are more to do with preventing over extension( leading to dislocation of the knuckle.)

I drove our F without shocks on and the ride felt little different, to be honest.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #89826

Hi Daz, will these springs be suitable for the Trophy?

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #89844

• Visitor
  • Visitor
they are fully ajustable in ride hieght and softness.a very simply design,it has been tested on a metro for 8000 miles and on a mgf for around the same milage over a 18 month period.so we know they work,easy to fit and easy to adjust.
we just have to wait for the leagal side of it and we can then start selling,even stuff like the instruction have to be approved.

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #90599

they are fully ajustable in ride hieght and softness.a very simply design,it has been tested on a metro for 8000 miles and on a mgf for around the same milage over a 18 month period.so we know they work,easy to fit and easy to adjust.
we just have to wait for the leagal side of it and we can then start selling,even stuff like the instruction have to be approved.

Hi Daryl, this sounds very good. If i understand correctly they are similar to the Aussie replacements? Any idea on the delays?

I absolutely don't mean to harass you, but i've emailed and sent you a PM a few days after and never heard anything back, just an FYI in case there's a problem since you originally asked me to get in contact :)

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #90604

Hi Sebastian,

Daz is notoriously hopeless with computers and relies on his better half 'Gina' to sort that out. Don't worry, he's not really ignoring you on purpose. :)

Sorry for your troubles. Keep us informed once you get answers please. :broon:

Hydragas, hard ride: suspension advice needed. 11 years 5 months ago #90632

Hi Sebastian,

Don't worry, he's not really ignoring you on purpose. :)

Of course, which is why i really wanted to stress i wouldn't want to come across like a needy stalker, but maybe there was something like a technical problem or any other reason (i know from what i've been around here that the man works non-stop hours, so there's that also).

In the meantime he replied to me already :broon: , which now made me really feel like a needy stalker :oops:

I'm just desperately wishing to find a viable solution and this might well be it so it's always frustrating when you can't find/get all the information immediately (ah, the internet).

Thanks Daryl and you all!

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT