Sign In   Register

Topic

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165076

Duh, of course, I should know better, thanks for correcting me.
Mark
95 MGF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165126

I'm not sure what the point to going to a 4life type of coolant is. Every 5 years or so you'll be changing the water pump and are you going to save and put back in the coolant that comes out? Whenever I take coolant out of an engine there's dirt in it or I get dirt in it, are you going to strain/clean the coolant? It seems easier to me to just change the coolant every time you change the water pump, and probably cheaper as well.

Mark, Back in my younger/broke days I was known to reuse coolant. I would strain it through a paint filter or an old T-shirt and that worked pretty well as long as it wasn't contaminated with oil.
With the price of the waterless coolant you can bet I would reuse it if possible!
The way I see it the big issue would be if you needed a top-up while away from home. You would be forced to use water and that would ruin the coolant. :slapme:

Re:4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165128

The way I see it the big issue would be if you needed a top-up while away from home. You would be forced to use water and that would ruin the coolant. :slapme:

The easy solution to that is to keep a spare litre in the car
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165141

Rich wrote THE cost of waterless coolant would make him strain it IT'S £19 for 5Lts which is cheaper than O A T from Halfords
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT