Sign In   Register

Topic

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 10 years 5 months ago #135469

Yes sometimes staying original means you'll keep on having the original problems too!
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 10 years 5 months ago #135484

Hello g4hlr Intereasting to know oat has problems in the U S A and as for the head gasket if you bought a TF the chancers are its all ready got a better head gasket on it :broon:
I also have used 4LIVE for 7yrs now and no problems and it is £19:50 on ebay for 5lts from JJC of Wexham
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

Last edit: Post by helsbyman.

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165050

HI again I have now done 68k mls and still NO PROBLEMS :broon:

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165051

Hello. I dont think you need a coolant that changes colour if you have a HGF, there were plenty of other signs when mine went. :(
I totally agree about using a new modified head gasket if you have to replace it.
Sadly at times it is difficult to comprehend all the things you read on the web as good as they are.

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165054

I have just come of the phone to Castrol classic oils [ nothing to do with Castrol oils ] how sell 4live and it is MADE FOR THEM not by them and the up shot is it is as save as houses as the were reports of it being flammable.
AS said I have used it for 10 yrs with no problems I changed my water pump 2 yrs ago but there was no wear on it and my car is an 04

Last edit: Post by helsbyman.

Re:4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165057

4life on eBay says just drain the system and refill? I thought you had to expel all the water with a priming solution before using this kind of stuff?

Re:4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165058

I'm not sure what the point to going to a 4life type of coolant is. Every 5 years or so you'll be changing the water pump and are you going to save and put back in the coolant that comes out? Whenever I take coolant out of an engine there's dirt in it or I get dirt in it, are you going to strain/clean the coolant? It seems easier to me to just change the coolant every time you change the water pump, and probably cheaper as well.
Mark
95 MGF

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165059

The water pump will last longer with 4live, mine was changed at 10yrs and it was still a good pump

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165062

I'm with Mowog - the cambelt gets changed every 5 years and with it the waterpump (and tensioner and alternator belt - so much cheaper than reparing the consequences of a failure). That's not to say I have anything against 4Life/Live or Evens/Evans.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165069

Without the erosion cause by the cavitation you get with conventional coolant, the pump housing and impeller will last better and will maintain their efficiency throughout their service life. Where as an impeller that is suffering cavitation erosion will have lost much efficency.

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165071

If you have cavitation in the pump with normal coolant, you'll have it with 4life or Evan's coolant. The viscosity and other physical properties of all these coolants are very similar. If they were not, a new pump design would be required.
Mark
95 MGF

4life coolant or Evens waterless coolant 8 years 3 months ago #165073

Viscosity of the coolant has little to do with the cavitation problems within the pump.
What basically happens is vaporisation of the coolant occurs due to the pressure variation in the pump, the coolant boils into tiny bubbles of super heated vapour on surfaces of the pump components called nucleate boiling, these bubbles implode rapidly causing a shock wave that can in turn cause cyclic stress, vibration, bearing & seal failure, stress corrosion and reduce pump efficiency.

The advantage of these waterless coolants is that not only do they have a much higher boiling point which in itself reduces cavitation, but they resist nucleate boiling too. It's the thermal qualities that make most of the difference.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mowog73

Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT