Sign In   Register

Topic

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30314

• psymon's Avatar Topic Author
  • psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! its been a great 2 years here, This Forum was started off by Kara with the help of a few others (Its good to see most of them still around) as alternate place to talk about your favourite marque. Started from scratch and now look at it,its growing so well and I'd like to thank everyone here who has supported the forum, Thank you to the Forum Moderators for helping the Members!,and you the Members for typing on here!.

A Lot of you will know what this forum has looked like in the past, its gone through so many changes and the first forum was running off a totally different board, when I took over (1st Birthday) I updated it to a new version as the newer version had a lot more to offer, in keeping with that tradition for The-T-Bar's 2nd Birthday We present Version 3

So what's new around Here.

1. The first thing you'll probably notice is the new colour, Buy using the "Mod My Site" button at the top right you can tailor the site more to your liking, change the colour, Layout and text size.

2. The next new item is the Glove Box (Found in the middle near the top). In the Glove Box, We've created what we think is a handy set of links.

3. Next is the "How To" button (You can't miss it). This will always get you to the How To A-Z list maintained by David.

4. Lots and Lots of small layout and other tiny improvements (Far to many to list here).

5. Finally
What we hope will be a Killer Feature, A Reviews Section, Clicking Reviews in the main menu will get you there. And this is where you can help us and the other members the most.

If you know of a Garage or Supplier or even a Part (Good or Bad) put it in the reviews section , If you have experience of Something in the Reviews Section then either Rate or leave some feed back (Or Both) for the benefit of everybody.

Enjoy the Site and thank you all for your involvement. :woohoo:

Simon
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Re: HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30315

Thanks Simon for all your well appreciated efforts, as well as those of all the other moderators and helpers. The T-Bar has such a friendly and helpful atmosphere and is always my first port of call for MG related questions. Long may it reign!
Tim
:thumbsup: :broon: :woohoo: :bust:
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, bryan young, Leigh Ping

Re: HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30319

Yes! Version 3 has entered the building! ;)

My thanks to Simon for all the technical work that he does in the background to keep the forum shipshape, and to my fellow mods for their input of knowledge and help. :thumbsup:

Most of all, thanks to you the members for contributing in such a positive and friendly way that the job of moderator has been so ridiculously easy in these great years, :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

We now have over 500 members and a growing number of visits month by month. We received over 11000 visits in this last month.:woo2:

THANKS, GUYS!
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young, Tsleight

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30326

Thanks to Simon for putting in the long hours to make this the best MGF site on the net and thanks to the mods for keeping things running properly without being hjeavy handed.
The T-Bar has a great ambience (rather fruity word, but accurate), not as testosterone-fuelled as dot-org and not as corporate as the club site.
THANKS! :thumbsup: :yesnod: :thumbsup:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30327

:woohoo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE T-BAR!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Two years old today! What a fantastic result! Hope everyone is still loving the place and that it continues to remain warm and friendly to all who share a passionate interest in F/TFing!!

I would just like to say a personal thank you to Psymon and the admin team for their dedication and enthusiasm which I sincerely hope will carry this forum on for many more birthdays to come!

Hope everyone is doing well? :broon:

Oh and of course...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Mwah ha ha... :evil:

Kara xxx
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, bryan young, Laz1957, Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by kara.

Re: HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30331

:woohoo: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE T-BAR!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Two years old today! What a fantastic result! Hope everyone is still loving the place and that it continues to remain warm and friendly to all who share a passionate interest in F/TFing!!

I would just like to say a personal thank you to Psymon and the admin team for their dedication and enthusiasm which I sincerely hope will carry this forum on for many more birthdays to come!

Hope everyone is doing well? :broon:

Oh and of course...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Mwah ha ha... :evil:

Kara xxx

Hey, how are you doing lass? Nice to hear from you. :yesnod:
David

Re: HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30334

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
To Pysmon, the mods and fellow T-Bar devotees, thanks for making this the best MGF/TF site by far.

Great place to come and find answers, meets, options or just a bit of a natter.

May The T-Bar go from strength to strength ( very well developed for a two year old, still kids these days do grow up quicker than ever )
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30337

Hiya David!

I'm good thanks! Just chilling in front of Simpsons Treehouse of Horrors! Aww yeahhh! :woohoo:

Work is good just stupidly busy as usual!

How are you and the lovely Sheila doing? :)

Kxx

Last edit: Post by kara.

Re: HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30346

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Just noticed I Forgot one of the new features

If you are running Firefox (Possibly Chrome haven't tested) you can search this forum directly from the Firefox tool bar. Simply drop down the search providers at the top (At the of the address bar) and select 'add search the-t-bar' you'll then be able to search this site directly from there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PQD44

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Re: HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30354

Just noticed I Forgot one of the new features

If you are running Firefox (Possibly Chrome haven't tested) you can search this forum directly from the Firefox tool bar. Simply drop down the search providers at the top (At the of the address bar) and select 'add search the-t-bar' you'll then be able to search this site directly from there.

Done that. :yesnod:
So, we could search for a post or something direct from the firefox search box?
David

Re: HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30358

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
thats right. before a search you'll need change the drop down to the-t-bar to narrow the search

Re: HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY THE-T-BAR FORUMS! 12 years 6 months ago #30365

thats right. before a search you'll need change the drop down to the-t-bar to narrow the search

Tried it but it's trying to find the beta forum. :-?
David

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT