Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14758

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Splitter - any opinions on best way to go please?

The drivers door pin is broken off at the top. There's a Rover Metro one on eBay - would this fit on the MGF?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-METRO-114-SLI-O-S-DOOR-LOCK-PIN-/320561665550?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa2f6d60e

If not - does anyone know where I can get a bog standard replacment from?

What's the best way to 'touch up' the paintwork?

Is £57 a fair price to reprogram a key fob? :frown:

Vinyl seat repair :dunno::dunno:

:thanks:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14762

Blimey that's a lot all in one go! LOL

The splitter is personal choice - I'll let others pop pictures on as I went TF front direction instead.

The pin I am not sure on - but i bet if it unscrews form the bar it would screw on the F... most bits came form the Rover parts bin! If not why not get some alloy ones off eBay? They're pretty cheap.

Touch up - AVOID HALFORDS STICKS like the plague - they're colour matching is appalling!

Fob reprogramming can vary wildly in price - hopefully a few people who have had it done can quote.... I need one done too so am interested in other comments!

Seat repair - where is the damage?

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14765

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
As the car is a MkI I thought I may try to keep it as original as possible - hence the hankering after a plastic door pin ;)

Also, I am pretty sure that the gear knob isn't original - what does the original one look like on a Mk I ?

The seat damage is in the usual place on the edge of the driver's seat (both fabric and piping)

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14766

Splitter - any opinions on best way to go please?

The drivers door pin is broken off at the top. There's a Rover Metro one on eBay - would this fit on the MGF?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-METRO-114-SLI-O-S-DOOR-LOCK-PIN-/320561665550?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa2f6d60e

If not - does anyone know where I can get a bog standard replacment from?

What's the best way to 'touch up' the paintwork?

Is £57 a fair price to reprogram a key fob? :frown:

Vinyl seat repair :dunno::dunno:

:thanks:

The easiest splitter to fit is the K&H type. It attaches with a few nuts and bolts. The Trophy type splitter needs to be glued to the bumper and so is not as easy to fit. Our MGF has the K&H type.

Try VVC steve For the door pin. The plastic part does not unscrew from the rod so you will need the correct rod for the door.

Don't try touching up unless you are experienced. You can make a right mess. A pro paint shop is worth a try.

Unfortunately, £57 seems to be the going rate for reprogramming keys. It's a right rip-off. A pm to Kara might bear fruit because she has a friend who can do this. he did one for me for nought!
David
:shrug:

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14777

Russell Walsh of MG Rover Solutions charges £45 for a NEW key fob and programming and he comes to you. he will also give you the EKA code at the same time for free (usual cost is £15) he details are on this site, but go to www.mgroversolutions.com
I totally agree with David, a pro job on the paint is best, unless its minor stonechip touch up, BUT dont use Halfrauds they are rubbish, there are plenty of MG parts suppliers that do them in the correct colour You need the paint code which is on the plate behind the ABS module, LHS under the bonnett.
You might try Newton Commercial for a new seat cover ~ they are on this site. Hope this helps ~ Bryan:)

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14778

Want to keep the door pins and gear knob original but want to fit a splitter?

Rimmers do most seat covers.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14781

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I really wanted to go down the stock route on this car as, from what I've gleaned from the net, there doesn't seem to be to many and, as this is all new to me, it's the easiest option.

I realise that the splitter is a mod, but it may be a nescessity ;)

Alternatively, once I've finished the bits I need to do I am considering buying a second car to 'mod'.

That way, my wife could drive this one and it wouldn't need a splitter :)

Which brings me onto another question - what stereo was installed at the factory?

As for MG solutions - I didn't realise they did all the other bits as well as head gaskets, so thanks a lot for the 'heads up' I am sure I will be making use of Russell's services.

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14782

I realise that the splitter is a mod, but it may be a nescessity ;)

Which brings me onto another question - what stereo was installed at the factory?

A Trophy style splitter will look more OEM.

The radio/cd player was a Blaupunkt unit similar to this. Except an MG badge instead of the Rover badge on this one:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-MG-BMW-Blaupunkt-Stereo-CD-Player-Code-/280536933739?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item41514de56b#ht_500wt_1154
David
:shrug:

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14784

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi David,

Thanks for that :)

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14824

A Trophy style splitter will look more OEM.

The radio/cd player was a Blaupunkt unit similar to this. Except an MG badge instead of the Rover badge on this one:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-MG-BMW-Blaupunkt-Stereo-CD-Player-Code-/280536933739?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item41514de56b#ht_500wt_1154

The Mk1 stereo was actually made by Philips...

The model was 515 or 770 I think?

(I know this is a Mk2 Console but that's because I upgraded it!)

Here's an EBAY link to one for sale.

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14846

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
That's gotta be the one for me then ;)

I can get the radio code from MG-ROVER-CODES and I'm sorted :)

I just need to get hold of an OEM gear knob, when I find out what it looks like :doh:

I found a pair of cheap seats on eBay - are the covers interchangable from the driver's to the passenger seat?

Thanks for all the help.

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14848

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.123 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT