Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14857

Problem with the original mk1 stuff is its from 1995 and is rubbish especially the stereo.

Personally I wouldn't bother trying to make it original unless your entering concourse competitions as you'll end up with a worse car. Its all about the personal touches on cars like these.

The newer ally gear knob from the TF is much nicer and goes well if you shorten the gear stick.

As for audio, I don't think the STD unit is capable of maintaining sound in the car over about 20mph!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14864

• Visitor
  • Visitor

Russell Walsh of MG Rover Solutions charges £45 for a NEW key fob and programming and he comes to you. he will also give you the EKA code at the same time for free (usual cost is £15) he details are on this site, but go to www.mgroversolutions.com
I totally agree with David, a pro job on the paint is best, unless its minor stonechip touch up, BUT dont use Halfrauds they are rubbish, there are plenty of MG parts suppliers that do them in the correct colour You need the paint code which is on the plate behind the ABS module, LHS under the bonnett.
You might try Newton Commercial for a new seat cover ~ they are on this site. Hope this helps ~ Bryan:)

i can recommend him, been back 3 times so far as hes a perfectionist... doing a top job...
had a massive list of parts fitted by him...

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14887

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
OK - fixed the door pin :)

Is this the Trophy splitter mentioned earlier?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLAME-RED-COF-SPOILER-BREAKING-MGF-TF-1-8VVC-/170509161591?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b3235477

How hard is it to wire in the front fog lights?

Thanks again for all the help.

Questions, questions 13 years 9 months ago #14911

OK - fixed the door pin :)

Is this the Trophy splitter mentioned earlier?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FLAME-RED-COF-SPOILER-BREAKING-MGF-TF-1-8VVC-/170509161591?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b3235477

How hard is it to wire in the front fog lights?

Thanks again for all the help.

Yes it is, do the spots and brackets come with it? Any competent auto electrician can wire them in, although you may get the wiring loom from the same guy?
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT