Sign In   Register

Topic

Username? 6 years 8 months ago #179832

Love the mini,just goes to show that us british know how to build an icon
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Usernames? 6 years 8 months ago #179833

Very nice looking motor. Always something about a well-turned out Mini.

Now you've spelt it out, your username makes sense to my tired old mind: I was wondering what a Swork was and who would scoop one.....😬

It must be me . There was a thread on here about the names given to our cars , I said my TF was called Frosty as it was in Firefrost Red. Then I found out that it was built on Valentine's day in 05 so he is now called February ! :-(
John

Username? 6 years 8 months ago #179834

Some of the usernames are interesting,the bandit chap,jack of hearts.
Wonder what the contraband was,
However the car destroyer chap with a picture of a wrecked car amused me.These people where at the begining of this subject so I guess a while back,
Many people all from differant backgrounds very interesting

Usernames? 6 years 6 months ago #181628

My last name is Smith and everyone is nicknamed Smudge/Smudger in the Army

Seems to have stuck afterwards too

Re: Usernames? 6 years 6 months ago #181662

I'm andy and I fit tyres.

Andy, the tyre man ;)

That doesn't work anymore LOL

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re: Usernames? 6 years 6 months ago #181682

Sundance was given to me in the mid eighties when I was an apprentice, my mate and I learned to play cribbage and we frequented one of the local pubs, where the regular guys sat down and played Crib for money until the early hours - lock-ins until 3 am were commonplace, and these guys were seasoned players.
Well, my mate and I were young and green at the game, but we were invited to join them and to play as a doubles team, easy money they thought!
We were young, inexperienced and had an amazing amount of beginners luck, and we regularly fleeced them for a fair amount most nights.
The nicknames of Butch and Sundance were soon christened of us, and the name has stuck ever since.

Now I still play with some of them thirty years later (the ones still alive ) in our local crib team, and I am now captain of the team.
We are having a great season to, joint top of the first division and last season we came runners up in the league and three cups.
With a bit of luck tomorrow night, we will be getting the money out after our match and Sundance will hopefully be back to his old tricks again!

Sundance

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT