Sign In   Register

Topic

Re:LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165214

As yet nobody as got these working fully in a 4D car although somebody a lot brighter than me is trying hard.
He advises that
The 2005 5D cars with heated rear screens from vin 5D639631 onwards the clocks work with.
The Airbag ecu was changed for the 2005 TFS they have a orange connector and a bit more bulkier ecu than the old yellow type with this is also a different wiring plug.
MG ROVER was already working to adding these clocks to the MGR TF,before NANJING bought up.
The 2005 ECU as additional diagnostics,the old ecu is not sending a positive signal to the instrument knocking out the SRS light when the test cycle is completed.

You could be on the right track; on post MY03's and possibly earlier, the instrument cluster SRS lamp is permanently positively fed when the ignition is switched on, at that point the airbag ECU sends a ground signal to the other side of the SRS light which illuminates the lamp while the diagnostic checks are done, if all is OK the airbag ECU drops the ground signal and the SRS lamp goes out.

As you are saying above: the later (Nanjing) airbag ECU sends a positive signal at the end of the diagnostic check, this would be easy to check out, if you pull wire C0234 position 8, orange with a purple tracer out of the plug (ground from airbag ECU during diagnostic check) and replace it with a positive (put a 1 amp fuse in the feed just in case) if the light goes out you have solved the issue.

If this is the case the ground signal from the early type airbag ECU can be inverted to a positive switching on, at post diagnostic check. It's just a pity nobody has a Nanjing wiring diagram so we can take a look and solve the issue.

Brian.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:RE: Re:LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165218

As yet nobody as got these working fully in a 4D car although somebody a lot brighter than me is trying hard.
He advises that
The 2005 5D cars with heated rear screens from vin 5D639631 onwards the clocks work with.
The Airbag ecu was changed for the 2005 TFS they have a orange connector and a bit more bulkier ecu than the old yellow type with this is also a different wiring plug.
MG ROVER was already working to adding these clocks to the MGR TF,before NANJING bought up.
The 2005 ECU as additional diagnostics,the old ecu is not sending a positive signal to the instrument knocking out the SRS light when the test cycle is completed.

You could be on the right track; on post MY03's and possibly earlier, the instrument cluster SRS lamp is permanently positively fed when the ignition is switched on, at that point the airbag ECU sends a ground signal to the other side of the SRS light which illuminates the lamp while the diagnostic checks are done, if all is OK the airbag ECU drops the ground signal and the SRS lamp goes out.

As you are saying above: the later (Nanjing) airbag ECU sends a positive signal at the end of the diagnostic check, this would be easy to check out, if you pull wire C0234 position 8, orange with a purple tracer out of the plug (ground from airbag ECU during diagnostic check) and replace it with a positive (put a 1 amp fuse in the feed just in case) if the light goes out you have solved the issue.

If this is the case the ground signal from the early type airbag ECU can be inverted to a positive switching on, at post diagnostic check. It's just a pity nobody has a Nanjing wiring diagram so we can take a look and solve the issue.

Brian.

I have the wiring diagram to the pod (supplied to me by my contact at MG UK). I've been told i can't reproduce it or make it available on forums but can send a copy if requested privately. I guess what we need though is also the wiring diagram for the SRS ECU?

Re:RE: Re:LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165221

The SRS system is self contained apart from power, earth and signal to the warning light.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:RE: Re:LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165223

He advises that

Brian.

I have the wiring diagram to the pod (supplied to me by my contact at MG UK). I've been told i can't reproduce it or make it available on forums but can send a copy if requested privately. I guess what we need though is also the wiring diagram for the SRS ECU?

I would need to see all the wiring logic for the SRS system to work out a fix; just seems ridiculous that a wiring diagram for the Chinese TF/LE can't be made available, one would think there would no issues about making it available; especially when the car has been out of production for quite some time.

It would absolutely put me off buying a Chinese MG if you can't get the information to fix them; just seems so strange!

Brian.

Re:RE: Re:LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165293

He advises that

Brian.

I would need to see all the wiring logic for the SRS system to work out a fix; just seems ridiculous that a wiring diagram for the Chinese TF/LE can't be made available, one would think there would no issues about making it available; especially when the car has been out of production for quite some time.

It would absolutely put me off buying a Chinese MG if you can't get the information to fix them; just seems so strange!

Brian.

It did take quite a bit of negotiation to get the pod wiring... personally I also don't see the issue with making it available, however the Chinese parent of MG UK thinks differently for some reason. I will ask my contact if I can get the SRS wiring diagram.

LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165384

My contact is on his hols but said he'd try and get the SRS wiring diagram on his return.

LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165482

hello,

We have them working without any problem. Every bild year is different and you have to adjust alot of things to make it work
Deleted line to remove advertising
i can make the cable's ready send them over.

gr Pieter Jan

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165483

We have bild them in at least 8 cars working without problem. (mgf mk1 3x cars, mgtf 2006, mgtf 2003 and 2004)
Line deleted to remove advertising link

Peter - please contact Pysmon if you wish to subscribe as a trader.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

LE Clocks 7 years 11 months ago #167969

If it indeed is a matter of turning a positive signal into a negative, this could sureley be done with a relay..

LE Clocks 7 years 11 months ago #167970

yes if you know where to get 0.75 vdc from that would work

LE Clocks 7 years 11 months ago #167972

I'll take a look at the diagrams in the manual..

LE Clocks 7 years 11 months ago #167980

Just to check if I've got everything right..

The pre 2005 MGR TF SRS light worked in the following way:

The SRS light on the dash had a permanent V+ going to it. The earth lead for the light went to the SRS ECU. During SRS check or if there's a fault the SRS ECU would ground the wire coming in from the light in the Dash.

The Post 2005 MGTF (MGR and Nanjing) SRS ecu doesn't ground the wire coming in from the dash during the system check nor if there's a fault. In stead it sends out a + 0.75VDC signal when everything is fine and nothing when something's wrong.
Also: with a very late MGR TF the whole thing is a straight swap (using a new loom of course).

Is the above all correct?

Last edit: Post by m.brederode.
Time to create page: 0.130 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT