Sign In   Register

Topic

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163007

• David Aiketgate
  • Away
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GT MG SPARES LTD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163009

Methinks that will skyrocket towards the end of the auction!

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163010

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
To rich for me i suspect

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163011

It looks to me that the listing is for the loom - instruments are extra?!

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163012

• David Aiketgate
  • Away
  • David
  • David
  • mgf mk2 freestyle mpi 16" wheels, in Anthracite.
That's correct. It does point that out in the details.

But I think at that price the bidders havent read the details. Surely no one would pay that much just for the loom.
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163013

Elsewhere the looms are going for just under 100 quid they are so rare! Almost the same as the instruments go for!

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163014

I Received a call this morning asking if these was made up aftermarket looms,The listing on ebay are old library pictures of mine so i can understand there query the pictures below would of perhaps been more convincing but i cannot revise the listing now it as been bid on.
I do not intend to charge £100 for a loom that would be detrimental to the business as a whole and agreed the current bid is higher than expected however the market as been tested therefore i will be ending the listing as the bidders turn out to be existing customers who are bidding against each other.I have privately agreed a sale with both.

Yes it would of been far easier to get them copied which eventually happens to a lot of the rare parts i try and source and will no doubt happen to these,nature of the beast.
Sooner or later other sellers will catch up and the undercut and the competitive pricing will start so i am sure they will become more widespread.Nice to be in there first though,as usual.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163016

It's great that you managed to get some - the original maker and MG China were useless at tracing them (as you know yourself) - also great news you are going to be competeitive with the price.

Quick question - have you fitted them to a non-NAC car and had an issue with the SRS or did it work fine? Still trying to figure why my SRS light is on (swapped the pod for another I have and it was still on). Ta

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163017

Adam i would like to help i am aware there are multiple people fitting these to MGR TFS.

I cannot offer any advice due to my insurers Product liability and with this being electrical wiring i can only list on ebay for the Model they was Listed For.

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163018

Quite understand - it's more annoying than anything else at the moment (the light that is) as it is illuminated internally by an LED not a bulb so I cant just temporarily pop it out.

Next thing for us all to somehow get is a NAC-TF wiring diagram/manual.... there are subtle differences I think. It's all minor as most of the upgrades MGR was due to do themselves anyway (the LE dials were an MGR design but they went bust before they could release the revamped interior), but it woudl be good to have it for reference.

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163025

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
This guys lists it as one of his responsibility at Leoni
https://www.linkedin.com/pub/chongyang-mu/20/57/509?trk=seokp_posts_secondary_cluster_res_author_photo

LE Clocks 8 years 6 months ago #163026

I've asked to connect to him on LinkedIn

Time to create page: 1.034 seconds