Sign In   Register

Topic

LE Clocks 8 years 5 months ago #163641

• bensewell's Avatar Topic Author
  • bensewell
  • Grand MGer
  • Grand MGer
  • A Bargain Spotter, Can-Do-er and eBay Addict!
I had SRS on with my old TF. I swapped the rotary coupler and a seatbelt pre-tensioner to make it go away.

Doubt you've disturbed any of these but worth a look at if everything else works?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

LE Clocks 8 years 5 months ago #163642

I've acquired the wiring diagram for the LE Pod from my contact at MGUK. I have been instructed that I am now allowed to copy it for anyone, but can assist with pin-out information on a one by one basis. I can't see anything apart from a diode on the SRs light that could be different.

LE Clocks 8 years 5 months ago #163704

Adam i have been talking to a representative of MGOC.
Of all the people i have discussed this with he seems the closest to solving this and thus making it available fully working for the VIN 5D cars and is also interested in making it work for The 4d cars also.
The two extra wires are for the wiring coolant sensor which is only available for a ltd number of late TFS. Regarding the srs fault you are not alone with this problem i have pm is details he is aware of your problem and keen to speak.
Regards
Glenn

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD.

LE Clocks 8 years 5 months ago #163715

It’s a very simple circuit that puts the SRS warning light out, both the F, TF and post MY03 (Pektron) TF’s are all the same. (don’t know about the SAIC version as I have never been able to get my hands on a wiring diagram to compare)

On the original versions when the ignition is switched on the SRS DCU unit performs the diagnostic checks with all the modules and wiring connections (open circuits/ resistances etc.) while the checks are being done the SRS DCU sends a ground signal to the instrument cluster via the final plug at the cluster C0234 position 8, orange with a purple tracer to the SRS warning light.
In the cluster the SRS warning light (LED) is permanently positively fed when the ignition is on so the ground signal from the SRS DCU will allow the LED to illuminate. If all is well after the DCU has finished the diagnostic check it drops the ground signal and the SRS warning LED will go off.

It’s strange that the SRS light stays on with the new SAIC cluster but is OK with the original cluster as the SRS is independent from any other systems on the car.
Can you pull the orange and purple wire from the connection block and check for a ground while the DCU diagnostic checks are being done and then open circuit when the diagnostic checks are finished?

Are you sure the SRS wire is connected to the correct terminal on the new SAIC cluster? There could also be a seatbelt warning circuit and light in the new cluster which may have some relationship to the SRS warning light keeping it illuminated, can you trace the internal wiring of the cluster to the SRS warning light? do you have a SAIC wiring diagram you can compare?

It would be interesting to solve the problem as I am considering fitting the new clocks to my TF.

Brian.

Re:LE Clocks 8 years 5 months ago #163734

I'm in Malaysia right now, but keen to sort when i get back. I agree it has to be simple.

LE Clocks 8 years 4 months ago #163848

I've acquired the wiring diagram for the LE Pod from my contact at MGUK. I have been instructed that I am now allowed to copy it for anyone, but can assist with pin-out information on a one by one basis. I can't see anything apart from a diode on the SRs light that could be different.

Adamelphick would be possible for you to send me? I'm trying to fit the dials and we have it almost everything running OK except the fuel and water indicators. I've also the SRS light on. I'm going to send the dials to an expert in order to see why they're not working and I think this information can be very useful.
Thanks in advance

LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165075

Hello,

Pieter here from the Netherlands (was googling on le 500 speedo instrument)
le 500 speedo instrument fits all mgf and mgtf

You have too adjust the cables! mgf mk1 is alsoo no problem if you know what you are doing
The following user(s) said Thank You: U-TF

Last edit: Post by talkingcars. Reason: To remove advertising.

LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165077

Hi and welcome to the forum Pieter

Please pop up an introduction thread and tell us more.

If you want to advertise as a trader please contact Pysmon.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165134

Hello,

Pieter here from the Netherlands (was googling on le 500 speedo instrument)
le 500 speedo instrument fits all mgf and mgtf

You have too adjust the cables! mgf mk1 is alsoo no problem if you know what you are doing

Hello and welcome, I 2old love to know more about this! Please tell us more. Thanks

Re:LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165135

Mk1 needs the Speedo to be updated to Mk2 type. With sender and wiring. Also some adaptation i believe at the fusebox end. Mk2 also some adaptation. Late Pektron cars are easier but there's still an issue with the srs light that needs wiring changes.

Apparently MGOC have done a how to.

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Re:LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165206

As yet nobody as got these working fully in a 4D car although somebody a lot brighter than me is trying hard.
He advises that
The 2005 5D cars with heated rear screens from vin 5D639631 onwards the clocks work with.
The Airbag ecu was changed for the 2005 TFS they have a orange connector and a bit more bulkier ecu than the old yellow type with this is also a different wiring plug.
MG ROVER was already working to adding these clocks to the MGR TF,before NANJING bought up.
The 2005 ECU as additional diagnostics,the old ecu is not sending a positive signal to the instrument knocking out the SRS light when the test cycle is completed.

LE Clocks 8 years 2 months ago #165207

The airbag ecu in 2005 TF and Nanjing TF
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT