Sign In   Register

Topic

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 6 months ago #172933

Well everything is now painted :woohoo: , but the car still isn't finished :pinch: . Mainly because i'm re-assembling everything myself as and when time permits. Still need to reassemble the doors (wiring loom/handles/wing mirrors) bolt the bonnet on. Still need to buy a locking wheel nut removal tool before i can put the other alloys and spacers on. Fitted the rear quads but need to swap around the fog and reverse light. Still need to put the soft top back on, and buy a handful of 10mm bolts and nuts (some of mine having found their way to the Bermuda triangle!). Rear quads are on, front bumper, grill and fog lights are on, side vent scoops are on and it's starting to look like a car again. Once everything is back on the paint work can be flatted and polished and we should be good to go.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, The driving dutchman, stevew, Winko

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Denial.

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 6 months ago #172935

Looks superb and I love the colour :broon: :broon: :broon:
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denial

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 6 months ago #172941

Looks amazing, can't wait to see her finished, a real head turner,

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 5 months ago #172975

Awesome work, loving the car.....now I do need to get some of those pods.....

Sundance

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 5 months ago #172978

Thanks for all the positive comments so far, when i started this thread over 2 years ago i wasn't even sure i would get this far. To get almost 8400 views is humbling as well. Now the side scoops/vents are on, they are definitely one of my favorite parts of the car. I was re-reading the infamous type r engine MGTF conversion post again today, and like the guy who did that, i wouldn't have been able to get as far as i did without the help of people i've met along the way. I've also achieved another first for me today and put together/uploaded a short video slide show how my car has transformed on youtube. I've put a link to the forum on there, and hopefully it can inspire other people who like me who have a dream.

The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Blow-in, cairnsys, pgew

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 5 months ago #173140

So bought 2 wheel nut cap removal tools (incase 1 broke) and turns out i needed a locking wheel nut removal key instead. That was my first fail of the day, so out came the trusty lump hammer and an old socket. Although all 4 nuts were now off, the alloy wheel decided it wanted to stay on. 20 mins or so later hitting it with a sledgehammer and rotating the wheel solved that. Spacer duly fitted, 2nd 17" Alloy fitted, fired her up and took her outside

My thoughts at the moment are that the rear needs an extra 5mm, and that it's going to need lowering springs fitting at some point. All in all though i'm very pleased with how it's looking
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: cairnsys, Cobber

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 5 months ago #173143

Looks great - good job well done :broon: :broon: :broon:
Robin ;)

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 5 months ago #173149

I agree that the rear wheels need a bit more spacing. Not sure it needs lowered though, think of all the speed bumps! The car does looks gorgeous in that colour! :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 5 months ago #173174

..........and that it's going to need lowering springs fitting at some point.............

Air ride?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 5 months ago #173178

Air ride could be an option, i'll admit i hadn't considered that and wouldn't have a clue who to speak to about getting a system fitted. I've only seen Ariels car with a working system, maybe he could do something I might email him. Once everything is back together, i'll have to decide between doing the interior, or doing all the underneath (subframes/brakes/polybushing/engine etc). Didn't achieve much this morning, as i'm having problems getting the fiat tail lights to fit in. They are catching/fouling on the rear light mounts on the bodyshell. I've got one to fit with some aid from a hacksaw (cutting the plastic molding on the light itself not the frame) but the other is proving to be a pain. Also managed to get the windscreen wipers, and the door handles back on. I don't have any plans for next week so i'll focus on trying to get it all back together then.

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 5 months ago #173194

Here is a starting point - http://caraudiosecurity.com/car-styling_air-ride-kits

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

My mods so far: stage 2 7 years 1 month ago #176514

Still alive, and still persevering with my project. After being fortunate enough to go back into full time employment i relocated down to Cardiff in December. So far everything is going good, and i've took 2 weeks holiday to come back up to Burnley to finally get my car out of the bodyshop. As you can see from the picture below, the soft top went back on yesterday, and on Monday i'll be swapping the 55 mm rear spacers for 60 mm ones. Then it will be recovered to my parents house until i can get the rear lights wired up and get it ready for an MOT :woohoo:

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Bertl

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT