Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Sealey Brake & Clutch Bleeding System - VS820 6 years 2 months ago #183877

Hi All

Have never found a definitive answer to this question so am asking the forum members who own an MGTF 2004, and If you have a Sealey Brake & Clutch Bleeding System - VS820 does it fit the cars brake and clutch reservoirs as standard.

If no does the universal adaptor fit?

I have asked Sealey's Technical Manager this question and believe it or not he does not know! Wonderful sales advice is it not!

Robert

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Sealey Brake & Clutch Bleeding System - VS820 6 years 2 months ago #183907

I believe it does not fit..I borrowed one once but after sifting through the various bits could not get it to fit....but hey I've just searched the forum...and gone back in time to see my original post on this subject...turns out the one I borrowed was a gunsons kit and at the time I wanted it for bleeding brakes......answers on this forum stated that the gunson kit didn't have the cap for the brakes but worked fine for the clutch...so I haven't really answer question fully....is the gunsons kit the same has the sealey?
The gunsons kit I borrowed below
And the vs820

Look different to me...anybody???
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.

Sealey Brake & Clutch Bleeding System - VS820 6 years 2 months ago #184055

This looks more like an oil extractor. I my experience the vacuum based bleeders are not able to completely get out all air bubbles, so in the end you still have to do the bleeding the old fashioned way with 2 persons : one opening and closing the bleeding screw, and one pushing/releasing the break pedal.
With my old volvo the garage had refreshed the brake oil and had bleeded the system with vacuum. The brakes felt spungy, so when I complained they bleeded it the old faishoned way it after that the brakes were fine.

Sealey Brake & Clutch Bleeding System - VS820 6 years 1 month ago #184278

The Sealy is a pressure bleeder not a vacuum.

But as an update got a clutch and brake master cylinder caps for a fiver from a scrappy. So will probably make my own connector caps

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT