Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

front anti roll bar bushes 8 years 3 weeks ago #166452

Good morning, my f passed its mot yesterday, first time!!! :woowoo: Couple of advisories, one of which was front anti roll bar bushes. My question is, should i go for polyurethane or stick with rubber (i dont do many miles) and secondly, i have seen 18 or 19!mm ones...which should it be?!! Thanks in advance for guidance!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

front anti roll bar bushes 8 years 3 weeks ago #166454

Down to personal preference whether you fit poly or stick with standard.
The thicker rollbar is only fitted to the later 85th anni. TFs(Chinese).
David
:shrug:

front anti roll bar bushes 8 years 1 week ago #166917

Thanks for the advice, went with poly bushes as I got offered some for a good price, hoping to fit them this weekend. Onto my next issue, they seem a funny shape!! Anyone know which way round they go? Thinking of the angle on it, have attached an ebay listing to show what I mean.

Superflex Front Anti Roll Bar to Body Bushes 18mm for Rover Metro / 100 1990-On
Buy It Now

I assume the angled section faces towards the back of the car?

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate. Reason: added widget

front anti roll bar bushes 8 years 1 week ago #166923

That's weird.
The ones shown on Rimmer Bros are like this.
David

front anti roll bar bushes 8 years 1 week ago #166925

They should look like the orange ones above. Maybe just a generic picture of them on eBay? Do the actual ones look like that?

front anti roll bar bushes 8 years 1 week ago #166933

Oh.

PLEASE NOTE!

If you BUY THIS PART, you are accepting that it is the correct part for your vehicle. Please check before ordering.!

Pictures and illustrations are for your benefit, so please read item details carefully to be sure of correct fit, we will NOT be held responsible for wrong item purchased. Any costs incurred relating to wrongly ordered items will be customers responsibility. We are suppliers of mainly non-standard items. This means that, by their very nature, the parts we supply may not be a straightforward DIY fit. In some cases, modifications or adaptations may be required to achieve an acceptable fit. We therefore recommend that parts we supply should be fitted by a qualified mechanic.
Please "Don't" book your car into a garage before your goods arrive, we will not be held accountable for any financial losses.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

front anti roll bar bushes 8 years 1 week ago #166935

the bushes do look like the picture, part nimber is correct top so a bit confused. If I manage to get the old ones out I will do a comparison and see if I can figure it out.

front anti roll bar bushes 8 years 1 week ago #166936

the bushes do look like the picture, part nimber is correct top so a bit confused. If I manage to get the old ones out I will do a comparison and see if I can figure it out.

The part number NAM9443 appears to be the arb bush for the Metro not MGF. On Rimmer, those parts look to be the same shape as yours and also a similar price whereas the polybushes for mgf are a fair bit cheaper from Rimmer

I'd send them back and tell them that their compatible vehicle list is wrong if I were you.
Robin ;)

Last edit: Post by cairnsys.

front anti roll bar bushes 8 years 1 week ago #166942

The part is listed at Rimmers for the metro - http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-NAM9443

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

front anti roll bar bushes 8 years 1 week ago #166953

The orange bushes are coded as RGX000920POLY

The standard genuine mgr bushes are coded as RGX000920

Standard aftermarket as RGX000920P
David

front anti roll bar bushes 8 years 6 days ago #167042

Evening all, thanks for the responses. Unfortunately I bought the bushes from a private seller on ebay, I checked the part number on the manufacturers website (http://superpro.suspension.parts/spf1863-18k) before I bought them and, according to it, they are the correct bush. Manufacturer is super pro, part number is SPF1863-18k. I have emailed them to see what they have to say for themselves!!

Last edit: Post by unomatt.

front anti roll bar bushes 7 years 11 months ago #167367

Well, the company have accepted that the bushes are the wrong shape, they have asked me to send measurements of the bushes so they can replace them, the bushes on my car are shot, could anyone provide the measurements? I have attached the document they want filling in . Hopefully they can then amend the website to prevent further issues to F owners.Thanks!
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 1.163 seconds