Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Car covers 8 years 9 months ago #161095

Anyone got a recommendation for a good car cover, I sometimes have no option other than to park my pride and joy under a tree and the last thing I want is sap and crap all over my lovely BRG paintwork.

Anyone have a light keep in the car for an emergency one they can recommend me or is it back to the land of fleabay and shopping river for a load of cheap try it outs ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Car covers 8 years 9 months ago #161096

These seem good, click click.

Not cheap though. Almost £50 less locking kit which is £10 more.

Recommended by 'NigelandJo' on the MGF Register.

The monsoon is a made to measure to fit an F/TF, to be honest you don't need the undercar straps as it's such a good fit. It also has two air flaps on each side to aid air circulation. It has a fleecy inside to protect the paintwork.

Attachments:

Car covers 8 years 9 months ago #161117

I use one from machine mart, its got a soft covering inside so doesn't scratch. It's cheap enough (<£25) to replace every year if necessary. It's covered my car outside through the winter winds. Only issue is it had no eyes to tie it down, but I have attached 4 cords and tie them to the wheels for the highest winds

Re:RE: Car covers 8 years 1 month ago #166276

Anyone got a recommendation for a good car cover, I sometimes have no option other than to park my pride and joy under a tree and the last thing I want is sap and crap all over my lovely BRG paintwork.

Anyone have a light keep in the car for an emergency one they can recommend me or is it back to the land of fleabay and shopping river for a load of cheap try it outs ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Liddl and aldi have car covers in from time to time and can fold away in supplied bag small enough to tuck in the side of the boot

Sent from my GT-I9195I using Tapatalk

Re:RE: Car covers 8 years 1 month ago #166289

Lidl and Aldi have car covers in from time to time and can fold away in supplied bag small enough to tuck in the side of the boot

I got one from Lidl for £10 to replace one from ebay and asked my lad to put it on the car around at his place, the next time I was around there I asked him why he hadn't put it on as it was in shreds, he told me it was the Lidl one, lasted a matter of weeks.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Last edit: Post by talkingcars.

Re:RE: Car covers 8 years 1 month ago #166370

i bought a car cover from argos,i opened the bag when i got home .......the package about the size of my laptop.......i unravelled it and attempted to fit it in a slight breeze..........it was hopeless and had strings hanging from it.After several attempts to neatly repack it,i gave up and went back to argos for my money back.........i thought the cover was more suitable for picnics rather than weather covers.......The manager at the store said i could only have my money back if it was in the original packaging it came in.............when i passed her the a4 size plastic bag....i replied it has taken 3 chinese guys 1 week to pack it in that bag for the price of a bowl of rice and i could not do it on my own.......its impossible.........she tried her best not to refund....but after a standout she insisted she was going to prove me wrong and attempted to repack the cover..........after what seemed like ten minutes .....she gave up wrestling with the sheet and gave me a refund......... :bat:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT