Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Which front brake pads do you use? 8 years 11 months ago #158541

I need to order some new brake pads for the front of my VVc, going with new discs too which are going to be vented, drilled and grooved but ive had so many people tell me which pads are best im now lost for choice. Ive hard a lot of good things about "Green stuff" pads and "yellow stuff" pads but also heard lots of negative things about them too. So, which pads do you use on the front? I dont want standard ones, i want something that will stop me quick.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Sithmaull.

Which front brake pads do you use? 8 years 11 months ago #158542

I'm using dixcel front/rear pads. It's cheaper than standard ones, and low brake dust. but unfortunately braking force feeling is same as standard ones.
http://www.dixcel.co.jp/en/pad/pad_pre.html

Which front brake pads do you use? 8 years 11 months ago #158544

You might try the Pagid ones from ECP. have them fitted to the rear of the MPI and they did improve the braking. My own VVC has Q/H pads fitted and they seem to be very good but she has AP's fitted but to be honest have never had issues with Q/H pads in the past and used to use them quite a bit. Q/H = Quinton Hazel.

Last edit: Post by Plezier.

Which front brake pads do you use? 8 years 11 months ago #158554

Mintex 1144 for me B)
Diesel Destroyer.. 'The bringer of dreams'

Which front brake pads do you use? 8 years 11 months ago #158556

I started using ferodo premier pads and noticed a significant improvement in braking over the standard pads. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Which front brake pads do you use? 8 years 11 months ago #158565

An interesting range of different pads being used, I also changed the rear to Mintex and already theres a big improvement in stopping distance, my mechanic mate said the pads were all shot, the discs could use replacing also and while were at it he would change the fluid. So ive decided on vented, grooved and drilled for the front with "green stuff" pads, looked up some reviews and they seem to come very highly recommended by everyone who has fitted them.

Which front brake pads do you use? 8 years 11 months ago #158566

Part of the reaon for the differing choices is most likely to be the cars usage. As I have never done track days my choices are probably differentt han those who do track days. My brakes are worked far less than a track day cars. Although it seems the Pagid pads hae a very good high heat rating.

Which front brake pads do you use? 8 years 11 months ago #158571

Its one of those things where i didnt notice how bad my brakes were until i drove my old mans MX-5, thats when i realised! His stops quick, really quick. mine just keeps on going. I do believe that most of the parts on my VVc are original, including the sparks, HT leads, (all now replaced) but my mechanic said it wouldn't surprise him if the brakes had never been changed, So thats why im going to fit all new gear and fluid as we tested the brake fluid and its a mucky brown colour so when we fit the new pads and discs at the front we will drain the system and replace that too. My problem is im heavy footed on the old gas pedal and therefore want to ensure that im able to stop too. Im also very strict on brake safety hence why im getting it all replaced.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT