Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

1.6 VVC 9 years 4 months ago #154842

Hey all,

My car is starting to reach that point in its life where it needs its cam belt to be replaced.

Well, in a year in any case.

But I've also been thinking about dumping a vvc head onto my 1.6 block. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I'll need a vvc head, inlet manifold, loom and ecu. I'll get the ecu mapped as well at the same time. Do I need anything else?

My understanding is that the shorter stoke of the 1.6 pistons will give me, whilst less power than a 1.8, freerer revs - and it sounds a bit different, which to me sounds fun.

I've only ever done light stuff on an engine before, throttle body, spark plugs, alternator etc - how hard would it be to do this?

From my basic research I need to get the head off, inlet off, replace with correct gaskets and cams, time up, slip belts in and plug in loom and ecu and spend the next week praying before igniting.

What is the general consensus on this course of action?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1.6 VVC 9 years 4 months ago #154843

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Personally I have no experience of the 1.6, 1.6VVC or the normal 1.8 but I do like the VVC 1.8's, we have both a 143 and a 160(in a ZR).

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

1.6 VVC 9 years 4 months ago #154844

:welcome:

1.6 VVC 9 years 4 months ago #154846

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Welcome aboard!

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Re:1.6 VVC 9 years 4 months ago #154847

Welcome James. I think the VVC needs a different ECU, the TF 160 also has an oil (to water) cooler and different coolant pipes (the steel ones that run below the inlet manifold). You'll also need the inlet manifold and injectors. There may be other differences. I expect one of the more experienced guys will give you more info.

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT